Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tyrants of the Charter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Tyrants of the Charter Empty
PostSubject: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Having recently bought a starter fleet for Firestorm Armada, I thought I'd start a WIP thread on my fleet. Up first is some pics of the minis prior to assembly.

Battleship
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship1
Not shown here are the metal turrets that fit into the holes that you can see on the hull.
There was very little flash on this mini, although the engine block doesn't quite fit together right, but being lazy I decided that instead of trying to fil it down a bit, I'd assemble it with the gap and then cover it up with something that looks like a bridge/coms array/sensor array/etc.

Cruisers
Tyrants of the Charter Cruisers1
Again minimal flash, although slightly more than the battleship. The flash on the 'spines' just required cutting with a knife (and even then that was just to get a clean edge as it was easy enough to pull off by hand), and there was some flash on the back of the 'nose' section which required clipping/filing to make the other two pieces fit behind it properly (i.e. if it had been left, then the back of the engines wouldn't have lined up with the back of the spine properly).

Frigates
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates1
Required the least amount of work as all that was needed was a quick flick of the knife around the engineswhere they joing to the hull to clear away tiny bits of flash before they were glued together.

I'll post more WIPs as things progress Smile
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:51 am

Update:

Battleship
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship2
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship3
When I did a dry run of putting this together I found that there was a small gap between the two engine block sections, so instead of filing them down to make them fit, I decided to convert a bidge-like section using things from my bit's box.
And for those interested, here's a size comparison with a Mumak Shocked :
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship4
I did take some photos looking along the length of the ship, but they came out out of focus Sad

Cruisers
Tyrants of the Charter Cruisers2
Tyrants of the Charter Cruisers3

Frigates
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates2
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates3
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:07 am

Looks good - will be great to see some shots of them painted up Smile
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks Smile Just got to find time to paint them now - good thing the Christmas holidays are comming up Laughing
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:07 am

I've got to spend the whole time revising for retakes and mocks....no time for painting here Razz
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:09 am

Same here, but constant revision would drive me insane (well more insane a any rate), so I should be able to squeeze some painting time in. Just got to think of a colour scheme for them. Anyone know what paints ILM used to paint their Star Destoyers with? Razz
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:51 am

Wow, these models look very nice! I wonder how they scale to each other (I know one is as long as a Mumak but are the others 1/2 3/4 or the size or less confused ?)
Haha, if you just want to be lazy, you could give them all a Badab Black Wash and call it done Very Happy
Hope to see some more of your work
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 7:19 am

Here's a downloadable cutout version of them that's to scale. Too lazy to go check their sizes, but the I know that the battleship is 17cm long, and going by the base sizes (40mm) I think the frigates are about 3-4cm long and the cruisers aproximately 6-7cm long.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:05 am

Just had my first game and got absolutely slaughtered. The game saw the destruction of the Chimaera (the battleship), the Grey Wolf, the Admonitor, the Inexorable (the cruisers), the Oppressor, the Tormentor and the Intimidator (three frigates) with the Aggressor, the Provoker and the Antagonist (the other three frigates) entering Fold Space. My rolling, as usual, was appauling and the destruction of the Chimaera was largely due to losing it's shields early on in the game. Hopefully next week will see the Chimaera II, Grey Wolf II, Admonitor II, Inexorable II, Oppressor II, Tormentor II, Intimidator II, Agressor, Provoker and Antagonist fragging their way to victory Razz
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 am

Hah Laughing - well, that's a good start Dinadan Razz Better luck next time - what race was your oponent?

I love the names - that's a really nice touch.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 pm

I played in a 2v2 game - me and another Terran going up against a Sorylian and a Dindrezi respectively. As we played on a 6'x4' board we decided to extend the deployment zones from an 8"x8" square in the corner to a 16"x8" rectangle in the corner and still we had trouble fitting our starter fleets in Surprised I blame my rolling as I was almost never rolling high enough to do damage, and usually when I did it was with torpedoes and he was able to shoot them down with PD :/

On the names: Thanks Smile Took the names for the battleship and cruisers from Star Wars Wink
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:02 am

ooh very cool

gonna sound lame, but where did you buy them from (I am gonna sound like a muppet if the answer is GW site)

cheers

James

EDIT. found it, is this the terran alliance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:23 am

Dinedan, can we have an overview of the game, i.e a quick summary of the stages of gameplay, what sort of actions your ships can perform etc. different game phases etc etc.

James
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 am

Yep it's the Terran Alliance from Spartan Games.

Braodly speaking there's three phases per turn - initiative, actions, end. Initiative is fairly similar to LotR, except you roll 2D6 instead of 1D6, and each fleet has a tactics rating that gives a bonus to the roll.

Each player then takes it in turns to activate a squadron. During activation you move your ship, and then fire all your weapons. Ships are also capable of doing boarding actions (done at the same time as shooting) and if equiped, can drop mines and launch fighters. When shooting, ships in the same squadron can combine their attacks to make them more devastating. Defence wise, there's point defence which can be used to shoot down torpedoes and boarders and shields. Attacking is very simple - you just total up your attack dice and roll; 4s and 5s cause 1pt of damage and 6s cause 2pts and let you roll another die. If you reach the DR rating of a ship, it loses 1HP and if you reach the Cr rating you roll on a table to see what effect it has (ranges from knocking out systems [is how the Chimaera went down - it lost it's shields to a lucky salvo meaning that it was defenceless against the full fury of the enemy fleet] to completely destroying the ship and potentially taking out everything close to it).
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 am

That sounds cool. The rulebook is only £13.50 on maelstrom games too =)

thanks Dinedan.

Also, those clear flying bases, can the ships be pivoted on the top so they are leaning taking evasive monouvres. That would look very cool.

thanks again

James
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 am

Well the're not supposed to be pivoted, but you can easily glue them on at an angle (in fact this may be benificial as during the game, my squardons frequently formed 'conga lines' to get the most out of their fixed fore batteries.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:23 am

Just had my second game of this and scored a pretty definate victory. The game was fairly close and I happy with my performance and completely suprised at my luck (somehow I managed to roll a ludicrous ammount of 6's Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 am

Well done Smile Shields managed to stick around for long enough thios time then? Razz

Did you do anything in particular which you think contributed in making it a victory?
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:47 am

Yep, the shields stayed around.

Don't think I did anything really that lead to a victory as such. It was mostly down to my rolling. In the first game, at least 70% of my rolls must have been misses, whereas this game it was more like 70%+ were hits (and at least a third of those must have been 6s! ).
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:19 am

sounds great. Show us the fleet!! =D
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 am

Still haven't painted it yet - at the moment it's just undercoated.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 am

I supose the dice gods are always going to have a big say on these early games, regardless of the system. Once you and your opponents get a more complex grasp of the rules and develop some more advnced tactics luck will probably begin to play a less significant role.

And deffinately post some pics as you paint them Smile
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh don't worry - I intend on posting finished pics Wink
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 am

More WIPs here:

Here's the Chimaera:
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship5
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship6
Tyrants of the Charter Battleship7

Here's the Grey Wolf, the Admonitor and the Inexorable:
Tyrants of the Charter Cruisers4
Tyrants of the Charter Cruisers5

Here's the the Oppressor, the Tormentor, the Intimidator, the Aggressor, the Provoker and the Antagonist:
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates4
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates5
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates6
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates7
Tyrants of the Charter Frigates8

For some reason, the Chimaera has turned greenish in these pics Shocked It's actually a greyish-blue like the others in real life.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Wow looks great Smile What are looking at getting when you decide to expand on the fleet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyrants of the Charter   Tyrants of the Charter Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyrants of the Charter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Non-LOTR Feedback Forum-
Jump to: