Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Better or Worse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

So, those of you who know what both websites are like, is the new version better or worse?
Better
Better or Worse? I_vote_lcap100%Better or Worse? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 10 ]
Same
Better or Worse? I_vote_lcap0%Better or Worse? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Worse
Better or Worse? I_vote_lcap0%Better or Worse? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:43 pm

So, those of you who know what both websites are like, is the new version better or worse? and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Hmmm, I'm not sure myself. I think that this site has a slight edge with features like the gallery, but the buggy chat box compared to the old site's shoutbox and that posting bug I mentioned to you do let it down a bit. If those things can be fixed, then this site will definately be the better one Smile
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:49 pm

The extra functionality and features this new host provides is certainly a great benefit, I love all the side modules especially. The chatbox is overall better than the old one, although it does sign you out after too long the added features make up for that.

Definitely a vast improvement!
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:02 pm

Definately an improvement in my opinion...the gallery system definately sold it for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:04 am

Without a shadow of doubt, the change was for the better, the varios new features such as the gallery have really improved the site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 12:36 am

The Chatbox bug doesn't seem to be a problem for me, for some reason I never get chucked out unless it's after around 20 minutes (in which case I deserve to be booted). If i just write the message and press enter it just establishes that I'm still there.

I don't think the two of those bugs can be fixed to be honest, try the website on Firefox, I think they might not happen there as much.

But as Racssirt says I hope the other extra features do make up for them.
Back to top Go down
SouthDunedain
Farmer
Farmer

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:41 am

Better - far more streamlined. But I was slightly perplexed at having to reregister.

Well done guys!

SD.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:43 am

Yes we're sorry about having to do this but the company we used for the last version kind of ditched making upgrades so in order to ever expand the site we'd have needed to do it at some point or nother.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 3:01 am

I thin it's way better. Tho it will tke some time to adjust and the Chat box isn't as good but i realy use it
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:58 pm

It'll definitely take some getting used to, it always does. I remember when we transferred from the original Might of Middle-earth to the last version it took a couple of weeks to get into the flow of things.

And to those who are wondering, I won't be transferring sites again so we won't have to go through the whole 'Post old threads' thing again Smile.
Back to top Go down
LordSarnoc
Farmer
Farmer

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 pm

I much prefer this version; much more streamlined, and far more attractive.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Basically agree with the opinions put forth before. Makes the site look much more professional, like how TLA or OR are professional sites compared to small public forums. Provides much hope for the future!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Better or Worse? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better or Worse?   Better or Worse? Empty

Back to top Go down

Better or Worse?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Website - :: Website Polls-
Jump to: