Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Minecraft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft   Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm

This has been around for a little while now and its getting pretty popular so some of you may have already encountered it. I just picked it up the other day and my brothers and I haven't stopped playing it...like, at all. Genuinely one of the most engrossing, addictive and just straight enjoyable gaming experiences I have ever had. Considering the massive scope of the game its a steal at the current price and will run on practically any computer.

Seriously, if you've considered buying this - do it already, if you never considered it - reconsider, and if you don't even know what I'm talking about - go look it up. Then buy it. do it do it do it do it

Just in case you wanted to actually know a little more about the game (as opposed to just being told to buy it Razz) there's a great YouTube series that shows a lot of gameplay here

Last edited by ArtificialWinter on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft   Minecraft EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:47 pm

meh. If i want to waste time i would play one of my fave PC games called "Spellforce" which is real old or play Yu-gi-oh....which is awsume. Childrens card games are so manly
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft   Minecraft EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:13 am

Minecraft is fantastic - as a creative outlet, it's really good fun! It's like Lego, but more challenging, and there's more to it than just mining. I tend to play it more like Buildcraft than Minecraft Razz

I would also highly recommend it, I've recently tried the multiplayer too with a friend and it makes it even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft   Minecraft EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:25 am

Minecraft is ceratainly a game to get your creative juices flowing, but it combines this with elements of exploration, survival and problem solving. This bundle requires the player to be imaginative and rescourceful throughout, adding to the already huge sense of achievment won every time a challenge is overcome or a project is completed. Completed is a rather bad word to use in theis case however as your ongoing endevours are never truly "completed", they simply expand into an ever broader spectrum of possibilities.

I've heard that the game-world that is generated is three times larger than the Earth - could someone confirm that?
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft   Minecraft EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 am

Larger apparently:

Minecraft Wiki wrote:
In Infdev, Alpha and Beta maps are infinitely big. They are made up of chunks; as the player explores the map distant chunks are generated automatically, leading to theoretically infinite maps. In practice, technical reasons force the maximum map size to 8 times the surface area of the Earth. Whilst the horizontal planes of the Maps are vast in size, the vertical plane remains at a fixed 128 Block height.

Taken straight from the Minecraft Wiki, a valuable resource for those interested to know more (or to learn how to play the game Razz). The one thing it really lacks and could do with is an in-game tutorial, but it's fairly easy to pick up and there's a good community to give ideas and inspiration.
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
Sponsored content

Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft   Minecraft Empty

Back to top Go down

Minecraft

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Video Games-
Jump to: