Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Possible changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:35 am

Link

There are rumours that the plastics will be repackaged to contain one sprue per box and will increase in price, and that a new version of SBG is to be released.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 3:38 am

The repackaging rumours are confirmed as can be seen here: LINK
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 5:27 am

Seriously? What the hell...
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:38 am

To be honest, I think the repackaging is a good idea, but not so much the price rise.

Selling by the sprue rather than by two sprues means that it's easier to collect an army - e.g. say you want 36 WoMT, then you can now buy three sprues rather than buying two boxes and having 12 left over. Or what about if you wanted, say a Dwarf-Elf Alliance? You wouldn't be fielding 24 Dwarves and 24 Elves unless it was a high pointage army; you'd probably only be fielding ~12 of each or in other words one sprue.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 am

Oh - definitely. 12 models per box makes army building a lot easier and, in the grand scheme of things, more economic.

I just can't believe that the cost of plastics will now have practically doubled since I started buying them. How the hell do they justify almost a 100% cost increase. Almost any other company would have received the finger and been shown the door years ago - why in the name of sweet Tehlu's beard is GW still around to offend its consumer base?

Bottom line, monopolies are bad kids.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 pm

GW are still arround because they're a giant of the industry, and probably because a lot of its customers aren't aware that 'the Hobby' is bigger than GW. I bet if you asked a lot of the customers in a GW (especially the younger ones with no disposable income) to name a non-GW wargame they'd struggle to answer with anything other than chess or a computer game. Sad
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:12 am

I agree the repackaging is good but the price, not so. Still, I have all the plastic troops I need so it doesn't bother me too much Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:28 am

On the note of new rules - spoke to the manager of GW Swansea today and he said that there definately is something happening next month for LotR but he couldn't say what.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 am

Excellent, I've managed to persuade a few friends to start up the game so they've said they'll wait for the new rules to decide which army to start.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:05 am

You could always try getting them to do battle companies in the meantime - all they'll need is one sprue, and with the repackaging it won't cost them all that much Wink
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 am

Good point. Battle companies was always one of my favourite aspects of the LOTR game too.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:45 am

Going by a post on TLA, the rules are changing so that you need 1 hero per twelves warriors (which I guess explains the repackaging) and that the heroes that you take will alter the warriors they lead.

EDIT:
from OR
Quote :
A few more details, each of the sourcebooks has army lists, 6 scenarios (the same I think, replacing those in LoME) and some “narrative” scenarios.

Each army consists of warbands containing a hero and up to 12 Warriors. Fellowship (and I think White Council) have a special rule allowing multiple heroes in a warband.

You can include any warband from the same faction (ie good or evil). So no more lists of who can ally with who.

There also appears to be no more themed lists, so a single Rohan army, and a single dwarf army etc. I can't confirm that without seeing the actual books, but that is what the description leads me to believe.

There are 2 battle reports and the points look about the same as before.

Deployment seems to take it in turns at placing warbands, although I don't think they have to stay together once deployed.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:22 am

Interesting - Do we have an ETA for the new rules?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 pm

4th February is the release date for all the new models, new rules and new army books.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 pm

From TLA:
Coën wrote:
Well, this should be the last one!

Possible changes Wd1002

Note: Isengard with Harad, Easterlings and Variags. Morgul Knights possibly not in Harad now (as in WotR), but mentioned specifically for Mordor. 'Gens Libres' means Free Peoples. Others are probably clear.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:37 am

Some of the rule changes are great IMO. A little birdie on O-R has said that Haradrim warriors now cost 7 points instead of 5, which is FANTASTIC (since GW seemed to think that poisoned arrows and "forced" re-rolls were a hindrance, so lowered the point cost in the beginning).
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 am

LordFenrir wrote:
A little birdie on O-R has said that Haradrim warriors now cost 7 points instead of 5, which is FANTASTIC
Almost cirtainly fact if the website example is anything to go by http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=cat750022a§ion=&pIndex=1&aId=20400011a&start=2&multiPageMode=true

There are also example lists for:
The Kingdoms of Men
The Free People
Mordor
and Moria and Angmar
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am

Has anyone picked any of this stuff up?
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Not yet, mostly due to the cost - £15 is a tad too much for the books in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Me neither for the same reasons above and I'm getting into other games like Bushido and Malifaux and I'm starting a new Trollbloods Hordes army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible changes   Possible changes Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible changes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - LOTR Strategy Battle Game - :: New Releases-
Jump to: