Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword   The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

This is a little late as the game was released in November but then I am still making my way through - and enjoying it a lot I might add. Just thought I'd ask other's opinions of this latest Zelda title, whether they've played it or plan to and if they enjoyed it. A few comments I have so far:

Wii Motion+ controls: Nice idea and makes for a few "neat" moments but overall I'm not a fan. Constantly recentering the pointer each time you open a menu/aim a weapon, frustrations directing with the Wiimote what could have easily been done with a stick, and combat that's only challenge is guessing in which direction your enemy is about to block - all things that just don't make any benefits the controls offer worth it for me.

Art and design: I loved the look of both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess but I'm also really liking the new "in-between" look in SS. The only major complaint I have is the design of the new "Moblin" type enemies who look (and sound) like old ladies. Why didn't they just stick with the basic look of the TP ones?

Music: Something I've always loved about the Zelda franchise and so far I've not been disappointed - I just wish the instrument + played songs were more interesting. Waving my arm back and forth to a beat just isn't the same as playing the notes of the melody itself. (It also makes a few mini games ridiculously difficult to complete). On a side note (pun) anyone planning to get the game should definitely grab a copy with the orchestrated CD - it's beautiful stuff.

Storyline: So far, great. I especially enjoyed the more personal link you have with Zelda from the off and how long the story is left to simmer before you jump into the green garbed hero's shoes. A good amount of side-quests and item-hunting/upgrading to be done as well.

Other things: The interface works well with the controls. The sprinting mechanic makes getting around a lot less arduous and the stamina gauge is a neat touch. The amount of stuff available to spend your money on even early on makes a nice change and of course, upgrading is both addictive and helps to keep early-game items interesting.

As I said, I've not completed the game yet so these are just my thoughts on what I've seen so far. As it is though I'd recommend it to anyone with a Wii - it may be one of the last great games you play on it.

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Video Games-
Jump to: