Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dawn of a New Age

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

The Dawn of a New Age Empty
PostSubject: The Dawn of a New Age   The Dawn of a New Age EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:49 am

For a long time have tryed to learn the Rules to 40K and now i have gotten serious about playing. I decinded to collect Eldar hand have a small 500pts army to paly with for the time (After spending over £125 so far i'm leaving it at that for the time).
I have a practice game tomorrw with a GW staff member (The nices one in the entire store and even treats me as if i was staff half the time).
I have the following

Farseer
6 Fire Dragons (Including Exarch)
10 Dire Avengers (Including Exarch)
1 Wave Serpent

All of this plus equipment comes to 501pts. I'm rather happy with it so far and tho only half of my army is painted at the mo (Fire Dragons and Farseer) I'm looking forward to learing more and hoply get a larger army.
Whta i have my eye on next are the Swooping hawks and Rangers as i love the modals.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of a New Age   The Dawn of a New Age EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Looking forward to seeing progress. Love the Eldar. Your army is illegal as you need another troops choice and the Fire Dragons probably aren't effective at 500 points, but it still makes a decent base and will be fine for friendly games. The key to the Eldar from what I can gather, is to have a specific purpose in mind for each squad and have some element covering all areas (light infantry, heavy infantry vehicles etc.). Mind you, I can't fault Swooping Hawks or Rangers, I love both units Smile
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of a New Age   The Dawn of a New Age EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:30 am

I just bought another 500pts of men. This makes the army legal now as it's intotal

1 Farseer -Singing Spear, Eldritch Storm, Rune of Witnessing
10 Dire Avengers(Icluding Exarch) - Dire Sword, Blade Storm
5 Rangers
3 Jet Bikes
6 Fire Dragons(Including Exarch) - Fire Pike
Wave Serpent(Attached to Fire Dragons) - Twin Shuriken Catapults, Twin Scatter Lasers
10 Swooping Hawks(Including Exarch) - Hawks Talon
1 Wraith Lord - 2 Flamers, Wraith Sword, Star Cannon

That come to 1000pts exactly.

I played my first game with my 500pts army plus another dire Avengers and Wave Serpent and i lost.....quite bad as only my Fire Dragon Exarch survived to see the end of the battle. However i had have an early lead. It was bad to start with as was agaisnt Space Marines and they outnumbered me! But i had fun and thats all the matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of a New Age   The Dawn of a New Age Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dawn of a New Age

View previous topic View next topic Back to top