Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? Empty
PostSubject: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 am

Well I've been trying to come up with an alternative colour scheme for my Gondorian army, I've tried out using a Red on the tunics on my Gondorian Captain and to be honest I'm not entirely sure if it looks any good or if it works and gives a good enough effect.

When I'm able to I'll post up pictures so everyone can give their input on the matter but has anyone got any good ideas for alternate colour schemes or any links to any good ones?

I've thought of a Dark Blue scheme also but haven't tested that one out as of yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:05 am

How about filing down the thigh armour, greenstuffing cloaks on and painting black with a Shaddow Grey trim and silver tree?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:07 am

Nah, not a fan of that theme that was shown in an article on TLA. Not sure whether it was the sculpting or the painting or just the idea but it just didn't do it for me to be honest. I'm just looking for a different colour scheme rather than a conversion as such.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 am

If you want a darker theme, then how about painting the armour and shirt with Chardon Granite, picking out the trim in chainmail and drybrushing the mail with chainmail, and painting the leather with scorched brown highlighted with bestial brown and then washing with Badab black?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:26 am

Not really looking for a darker scheme either to be honest, it's merely a Dark Blue tunic theme that crossed my mind.

All I'm really looking for is a different coloured tunic. At the moment I've got it Red and am not entirely sure if it's any good. All I'm asking for is more opinions on what other colours could look good on the tunic.

Sorry if my original post didn't give that idea.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:41 am

Dark Green like the Arnorian minis are painted by GW? (perhaps the theme could be they're Warriors of Arnor who got absorbed into the Gondorian army after Arnor was destroyed).

Purple/indigo could look good for a Pelegar based army.

An off white might look good, and you could use different coloured trims to denote different 'units'.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 am

I think I'll add the Dark Green idea to the list.

Sshame there's no Army Painter style feature anywhere for LOTR in the same way there is a Space Marine Painter on Bolter and Chainsword.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:00 am

I had a dark purple colour scheme for my Gondor army last time I did one, and that looked good, so I'd say that (it was merely done by painting the tunics purple (I can't remember the colour, since it wasn't GW) and then washing it with a 50:50 mix of black and that same purple and water.)
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Liche Purple should be dark enough? Or was it more of an old school GW Worm Purpleish colour?

Any pictures by any chance Fenrir?

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:06 am

I can't remember...it was Dusty Purple by Delta Ceramcoat (scroll down here...it's on the right hand side).

Unfortunately, I do not own the models anymore, so I can't provide pics, sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:25 pm

No problem, cheers and thanks for the link Smile
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Personally I've always been tempted by red. Not just any red, but after reading Eragon (we all have our moments), I had vivid images of red garments embroided by gold flame patterns. Done right, it could potentially add a whole extra layer of detail to the WoMT.
However, I'm personally going for a dark blue, maybe with some water edging or something.
For Rangers, also considered a green tunic with thorn patterns (like Biel-Tan Eldar).

Anyway, my point is that if you feel a standard one flat colour is too dull, try adding some detailing or something? It can really add the extra character and theme to your army.

Alternatively, I've always thought that white looks great if done well.
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 am

I've only seen blue done (in person) besides the classic black and it looks fabulous. I imagine white would look good as Dinadan said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?   Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Warriors of Minas Tirith Alternate Colour Schemes?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - The Hobby - :: Hobby Discussion :: Painting Help-
Jump to: