Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Uploading and Posting Pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Uploading and Posting Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Uploading and Posting Pictures   Uploading and Posting Pictures EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 am

Hello everybody! If you are reading this and you are new to the site, then Welcome to Might of Middle Earth!

I have realise that there are going to be a lot of new (or old) people around the site who either won't know how to post pictures or who will have troubles posting pictures. Hopefully if you read through this post it can help you to do just that!

So, enough talk, here we go.

Uploading a Picture to an ImageHosting site

The First thing that you'll need to do when Uploading a Picture to your posts on the forums will be to get the pictures you want uploaded to an ImageHosting website.

I have listed the 2 Main ImageHosting websites earlier on in this thread. However for the means of demonstration I will be using Photobucket as It's my reccomendation of the two (although by all means not the best as many people prefer ImageShack instead).

First you will obviously need to get an account. Once this is sorted you can then start to Upload Pictures.

Uploading and Posting Pictures 1-2

Next Click on the 'Choose Files' button and then select whichever Files you would like to upload to the ImageHosting website.

Uploading and Posting Pictures 2

Now Press the 'Open' button and this will then go on to upload your picture. This will take a few seconds, after that your screen should look like this:

Uploading and Posting Pictures 3

Now go back to your Album and you will see that picture now uploaded with the links needed to add it to your post. The link needed to show the picture in the post is highlighted below:

Uploading and Posting Pictures 4-1

(note that ImageShack will give you the same sort of link as this with the [IMG] Tags. ImageShack also gives you another available option in which it will show a Thumbnail of the selected Picture which Links to the larger picture. I myself don't like this way which is one of the reasons I prefer Photobucket - but... it's a matter of opinion)

Adding the Picture to your posts

Now I will show you how to add the pictures you have just uploaded to the Hosting site into your posts.

Firstly you should copy the [IMG] Tag link highlighted in the last picture and paste it into your 'Post a Reply' form.

Uploading and Posting Pictures MoME

Now Preview your post to check that everything is working well and that the picture shows up correctly. If so press Submit. And there you go, your post now has a Picture in it Wink

Alternatively, uploading your pictures to the gallery will automatically host them to our website, giving you a direct link or an IMG tagged link.

Thank you very much for reading this and if there is anybody who needs further help with this then please, drop me a PM and I will do my best to help you out.

Hope this has helped,
Jake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com

Uploading and Posting Pictures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top