Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am

Every single day Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:34 am

ok but i will wiat for better pictures rather than "Mug shots"
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Hmm, intersting. Need to see a proper picture before I decide though.
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

Main Army : Elves

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:10 pm

I too will have to wait to see the final pictures, but for now I'm not expecting much. The problem for me so far is that the model looks alittle too rounded, it should be more defined like the sharper lines and edges of the metal minis and shots from the film.

Then again, I reckon that GW plastics (for LotR atleast) are starting to look ALOT more 'cartoony'. Think of recent releases like the new Galadhrim Warriors as a comparison to their older, METAL counterparts. Also, the new Army of the Dead models and Ents! Everything (to me atleast) is starting to become alot more rounded, less defined and as i said before, more cartoony! Now that I say this think about some of the new metal haradrim minis too! Even the new Abrakan Merchant Guard! - While they are quite well sculpted, they look alittle cartoon-like. Same goes for The Knight of Umbar and perhaps the Betrayer.

Which brings me onto my next point. - Does anyone believe that GW is starting to go a bit far with all of these new models? Like The Golden King of Abrakan, as far as I know he never appeared in any Middle Earth-based text. Same goes for the Nazgul save Khamul and The Witch King. I think that some of it might just be getting a little out of hand.

So thats my rant at GW for the week... Razz
I may post a topic or two on this or even open a poll in the 'Genreal SBG' thread.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:58 pm

well GW smell moeny and the have the licence to do it so the'll do it. I never was keen on the plastic ents. They didn't look right and way too tall (They are taller than Treebeard!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!   Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic Fellbeast on the horizon-Now with Sneak Peeks!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top