Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Battlefront: Elite Squadron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Battlefront: Elite Squadron Empty
PostSubject: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:48 am

Anyone played this?

I've been playing it on and off all day (although only the campaign mode - haven't tried Instant Action yet), and I must say I'm quite enjoying it - much better than LotR Conquest. Smile My favourite class has to be the Heavy trooper.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 am

Not played it but might have to, I loved the other SWB games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 am

I've got the DS version, so the graphics aren't as good as the other games (the 'boss' that I'm on at the moment looks like he's wearing a long scarf in cut scenes, although I'm guess it's supposed to be a part of a robe Laughing ). The campaign is radically different to the other battlefront games, and so far there hasn't been a command post in sight O.o Don't know about instant action though - there may be command posts in that.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:55 am

I hope so....

Haven't played it - will have to look into it a little more...and comandeer one of my siblings' DSes. I don't normally go for games that have been 'scaled down' to handheld but...I do love SWB....hmmm, decisions, decisions.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:33 pm

If you've got a PSP, then it may be worth checking out that version of it as Renegade Squadron was quite good.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:54 am

Bah! Over my dead body! None of that Sony rubbish in this Nintendo house...althoughh my brother does have an Xbox..but thats not the point!
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:59 am

Laughing One thig I will say is that like with LotR Conquest, this game shows that the DS isn't being used to it's full potential by games developers - there's some really nice and detailed artwork that used for some cutscenes, but some other cutscenes use the in gamgraphics wich are blocky and very N64 in style :/ Conquest manages to show clips from the films to a decent quality, unlike the game graphics which, again, are N64 in style.
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 am

I got to play some on a friends PSP and there are command posts (general sigh of relief) Very Happy
Space battles are less exciting as you can only get the "normal" space ship or a transport. The "normal" being an X-wing, V-wing (which is a fighter now, not a bomber), Tie or Vulture (?) depending on your faction.
You can customize your soldier but you have to unlock certain characteristics and there are some set 'classes' (4?): Heavy, Assault, Sniper, Pilot (?).
Maps have a lot more 'stuff' on them. Rocks, walls, details etc. make it feel 'crowded' compared to Renegade Squadron.
You can now fight in the capital ship which features a much larger interior, blow up the whole thing, use escape pods to reach the ground without a fighter...pretty cool.

Heroes are the same, some new maps and old ones are refurbished, three (or four) levels of difficulty, new game interface, ability to 'beat people up' with your fists or gun (which stuns them for a couple seconds) and the ability to fight on the ground, in space and in the capital ship all in the same instant action but just flying around.

Looks like it'd be worth the buy though I don't know much about the campaign...
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 am

Shocked Wow, sounds like they've really stripped it down for the DS version Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefront: Elite Squadron   Battlefront: Elite Squadron Empty

Back to top Go down

Battlefront: Elite Squadron

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Video Games-
Jump to: