Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nintendo 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm

Who has one?

Not me, theoretically, but my brother does so I've had a considerable time using it to have an opinion - it's brilliant! As a die-hard Nintendo fan, I may be a little biased, but one thing they have over Sony and Microsoft is original innovation... yes, I'm looking at you, Kinect and Playstation Move (essentially motion controls 3 years after the Wii did it Razz).

The 3D works incredibly well, although it does take around half an hour of getting used to. When you settle in to a comfortable viewing angle, it adds a whole new dimension (literally Razz) to what you're looking at. The beauty is, it's not forced on you, just move the slider down on the side and you can go back to plain 2D. Although none of the release games are major franchises, there are still plenty of decent games out already, so go and get one!

Anyone else had any experience using one?

Cheers,
Raccy.
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:30 pm

gimmiky. Thats my view on it and the only game i have seen so far for it to be any good is Super Street Fighter 4 and even then it's ok.
Personly i will jsut stay with my good old DS classic which is so old now and still works
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:51 am

It's a better functioning console overall, sharper screen, new features and a sweet line up of games to come. As with anything, I'm sure the DS will slowly be phased out, so my DS Lite is probably going to be redundant soon Sad
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 am

most likely thus is the way Nintendo work. Eventually they will take over the world
Nintendo 3DS Pacmanplanes
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am

As a long-term Nintendo fan I'm proud of them for once again having thrown something fresh and original into the gaming mix. Having said that, 3D has never really floated my boat and it seems more restrictive than anything else in the handheld context. Part of the appeal of these consoles is that they can be played anywhere but the 3DS requires specific angle and position to be used to its fullest. I’m concerned about its battery life too - which doesn't appear to match up to the console’s previous incarnations.

Personally, I'm more excited about the analogue stick than the 3D - handheld SSB anyone? *nerdgasm*

I'm hopeful about what the 3DS could do, or perhaps more so - what it could lead to, but I remain sceptical. Ultimately, I'll have to try it before I judge it but seeing as I only recently picked up a DSi - that probably won't be happening anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:35 am

I'm really not a big 3D person either, I'd much rather go and see a film in 2D than 3D for example. In reality, the fabled "sweet spot" everybody keeps mentioning is a bit of a myth - I've used it at various angles and distances and I've never had too much trouble. It recommends you don't use it in the car or on public transport, fair enough, but just turn the 3D off. It still looks amazing just with the far superior screen! Battery life again depends on how much you use the 3D setting - long-term; I think a lot of people will mostly use 2D, but the availability of 3D is a nice thing to have as and when you feel like it.

The analogue stick is a joy to use, and SSB on the 3DS would be mind-blowingly cool, especially seen as there are no needlessly awkward different Friend Codes to mess around with. Also, with the availability of Wi-Fi connectivity, online multiplayer is suddenly going to be a lot more accessible to a much wider audience.

I'd certainly recommend it - shame you got a DSi really, I never bothered and I don't really feel like I've missed out on much. Razz
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am

Quote :
shame you got a DSi really, I never bothered and I don't really feel like I've missed out on much. Razz
Well, the DSi is my first handheld since the GBA years so I felt I had some catching up to do: P

It's certainly nice to hear some positive reports (a friend of mine utterly condemned it when we chatted today) but even if it does take my fancy I probably won’t be picking one up for a while yet. I'm not overly impressed by the opening line-up and I won't be parting with that kind of money to play a game I'm only lukewarm about. Hopefully, by the time I've had a play around with one the price will have dropped and there'll be some more exciting titles to tempt me.
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 am

Sounds like a plan, I think I'm pretty much the same. When I have the money to buy one for myself, I will do, but until then I'll 'borrow' my brother's... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nintendo 3DS Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo 3DS   Nintendo 3DS Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo 3DS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Video Games-
Jump to: