Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Ludicrous Luck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Ludicrous Luck Empty
PostSubject: Ludicrous Luck   Ludicrous Luck EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 6:41 am

Post here tales of games where you've had ludicrously good/bad luck.

I'll start off. Had a game today, 350pts, my Morrannon Orcs vs some Rohirim. Somehow, I managed to trounce my opponant, only losing one Orc and taking one wound on my Troll compared to him loosing something like 20 Warriors of Rohan, five Royal Guard, Eowyn and Eomer's horse (leaving him with Eomer, a mounted Theoden and a couple of WoR when he decided to concede). In the second game, he did slightly better killing about five Orcs and a Captain, but in turn lost Eowyn, Theoden, a wound on Eomer, five Royal Guard and 5 out of 6 WoR. Shocked

I'm still in shock over my victories - usually my dice rolling is piss poor and I kill sod all Surprised

So, anyone else have similar tales?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Ludicrous Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ludicrous Luck   Ludicrous Luck EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 am

Prity much simular things. My mate wanted to use the Balrog for a game and to his dismay we rolled off for the break though mission so my all mounted rohan army just ran straight pass (and though) his goblin army and kept feeding the balrog horseless rider. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Ludicrous Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ludicrous Luck   Ludicrous Luck EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 am

I can't really remember much off the top of my head. Last game I played though, I was trialling a combined force of Riders of Rohan led by Eomer and Eowyn, combined with an allied force of Haldir's Elves led by Haldir. The plan was that the Elves would shoot while the other 2 thirds of sword Elves would defend them, while the Riders ran harassing hit and run attacks. Oh and it was a 3 way game against Isengard and Easterlings.

Isengard stayed out of it initially, my Elves moved into the mountains for cover and line of sight. My Riders valiantly charged the Easterlings. And again. And again. I think I got 3 charges off. Result? I lost about 5 or 6 riders in exchange for about 2 Easterlings (one of them might have been an archery casualty as well). I broke combat with my remaining forces (Eowyn and a rider or two?) and fled. Eomer went down to the Dragon Knight (annoying heroes they are). Granted, it wasn't the best scenario given the Easterlings were able to get a pike in to even the combat, but the amount they won was ridiculous and they had absurd strike rates. My throwing spears were ineffective, and the only times I did win combat, I couldn't wound with 4 dice...

Needless to say I went on to win the game. I struck a temporary alliance with the Easterlings, sniped down Saruman hiding behind 4 Uruks and then swamped the battered Easterlings (who had held Isengard off in combat). They broke and promptly lost 2 thirds to failed courage (THAT was pretty unlucky). Ironically enough, dominating the game, I attempted to jump Haldir down a cliff to give him a shot, and he fell and killed himself, making me broken with only Eowyn left. Good times Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ludicrous Luck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ludicrous Luck   Ludicrous Luck Empty

Back to top Go down

Ludicrous Luck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - LOTR Strategy Battle Game - :: General LOTR SBG-
Jump to: