Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Two Handed Weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Two Handed Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Two Handed Weapons   Two Handed Weapons EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 am

So some of you might remember my Elven Blade proposal (next topic down at the time of posting). After discussing it with my friend, we've come up with a plan for 2H weapons in our game.
We decided to make them the opposite of shields, so instead of giving +1 defence, they give +1 strength (not quite as good as +1 to wound) but don't suffer a -1 to win the fight. However, they do impose a -1 penalty on FV. This can make it somewhat risky to use as a Uruk Beserker using it's 2H weapon will suddenly find itself drawing with a Warrior of Rohan instead of winning ties.
For Elven Blades, we discussed the possibilities of +1 to wound instead of +1 strength or no FV penalty before deciding these were a little too good. In the end, we went with the ability to take a shield with them. 2H weapons are declared at the start of the combat. If the Elf chooses to use his 2H weapon, he loses access to the shielding rule and suffers a -1 to defence until the next fight phase where he can choose to change his equipment again.

We've trialled it a couple of times so far, and it's been quite fun. The risks have presented themselves a lot with Elves having to decide whether they want to try and win the fight or risk losing it for a chance at a killing blow. It's definitely made 2H warriors more useful (as they can hold their own without needing to be babied by their allies), though I remain a tad sceptical about what we did to the Elven Blades. I'd like to give them the ability to shield as well if they don't take a shield and fight normally.

Any outside opinions?

We also changed a couple of other things such as revising the stats of a few heroes (Theoden's will, Gil-Galad and Elendil's and Theodred's fate etc.) and I think we agreed to give Wild Wargs a knock to the ground ability (but no charge bonus) given their bulk and forwards momentum.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Two Handed Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Handed Weapons   Two Handed Weapons EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:32 am

sounds good the changes
Back to top Go down

Two Handed Weapons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - LOTR Strategy Battle Game - :: Scenarios and Houserules-
Jump to: