Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! Empty
PostSubject: Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!   Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:04 am

Hey all,

There are some brilliant things you can do in wotr, some great hero combinations and others.

Gimli & Aragorn.
An amazing duo. To use them to the max, i use epic journey and place them behind an enemies formation, ready to charge. I use epic rampage with gimli (any successful hits gives you another hit), this combined with aragorns anduril (+2 to hit in his company) means you should have enough momentum to destroy companies, if not a formation every turn. watch your might store though. Aragorns 1 per turn is great.

kataphracts and Khamul.
Khamul with kataphracts is great, the more you get attacked, the more damage gets reflected onto enemies. This is great in all situations, both when being shot at and in combat. I used this ability with great effects in the past.

Saruman - by himself!!!
An amazing person! call epic chanelling (to reroll focus rolls that turn) cast shatter shields on a high defence with shields formation, then use bolt of fire to wreck havoc! If you can keep focus thanks to the reroll, cast bolt of fir again, it really is lethal, a handful or extra Strength 5 or 7 attacks before combat has even started can really make all the difference. Remember if you can destroy half the last company, they lose the last 4 anyway 9an extra 4 casualties with ease).

Against cavalry, voice of saruman is great, theres a 50% chance they won't charge (thus get all the bonuses for charging) you before the charge phase has even begun.

share your tips!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!   Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Dragons should always have magic. I have found them to be invaluabe and really powerful(I use a misty mountains WOTR army).

I do have a few other tactics but my mind has just melted and i can't remember anything else Suspect
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!   Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 2:09 am

Amdur + Betrayer

Combine these guys in 1 formation and then Epic Rampage and you will be able to re-roll your die once per round of Ramage. EG. I roll 26 die and 14 hit. I can re-roll those other 12 can then 7 of them hit. I then roll my total of 21 for Ramapge round 2 and 12 hit. I can then re-roll the 11 the missed due to the Betayers ability as it's a new set of die.

Bouncy Castle

For this to work you need 2 heros with "Counsellor" ability (Gandalf and Galadriel for example) 1 will send over all there might to the other rolling on the table for each point of might. Once that is done the other will then "Bounce" the might back and roll again. This tactic has a 1/6 chance of incressing might by 2 extra for each might used meaning that if you use Gandalf and Galadriel you shoudl get 2 might at the end of the turn if they had 3 each. (Sitiscally).
Back to top Go down
Shrapnelsmile
Farmer
Farmer

Shrapnelsmile

PostSubject: Re: Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!   Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 am

love the Gimli and Aragorn Idea. I'll add the latter in a few months to my collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!   Some WoTR Tips! Share them here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some WoTR Tips! Share them here!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top