Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rohan to be Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:44 am

Many hints have been dropped that Rohan/Isengard will be next up for new releases. This is supported by this paragrph from WD

Quote :
With all these Evil modals about things are looking grim for the forces of good, but Matt says that all is not lost. 'in the coming months the Horse ords of Rohan will benefit from new miniatures so start building up your Rohirrim; but Evil players have much to look forward to , as the forges of Isengard have not been idle

Now what exactly they will/can do with them is unknown but i'm wondering as there are few modals that Rohan/Isengard are missing.
Grimbold, Elfhelm, Deorwine, Dunlending Hoesemen and Thrydan. However we could also see Plastic Dunlendings as well as the Helms Guard that Legions promised us.

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:48 am

Yeah, sounds great to me, I'm really hoping for some shiny new Dunlendings to be honest. Don't want them to ruin Dunlendings with some crappy new plastics though, the current metals ones are fantastic and I just don't see plastic offering the same amount of detail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:51 am

since when has Plastic modlas ever been better than metal(Except they are better for my bank account Razz )
I would like to see some plastic Dunderlign atleast as with Khand they are really hampered because they are key troops and none plays them because they are metal.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:53 am

I agree that the plastics would be great, but they need to sculpt them right, I myself just don't see them getting it right with them. In my opinion I much prefer the metal Galadhrim to the plastics and if I were going to start a Galadhrim army, I'd rather pay lots for the metals than less for the plastics.

I don't want that to be the case with Dunlendings.

Besides, like many have pointed out, Plastic Dunlendings is very unlikely. They haven't been out in Metal for long enough yet not to mention the fact that Isengard already have 6 or 7 Plastic sets available.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:57 am

true but the origianl ones have been out a long time. Also i have 15 of the metal Galadrim warriors becuase i use a Lothlorien army alot of the time and could wait tofr GW to take there paintbrushs out of there arses and make plastic ones.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:05 am

Not if you think about it, metal Galadhrim had been out at least 2-3 years before the metal dunlendings and they've only just been redone in plastic which leads me to assume it's unlikely that Dunlendings will be redone.

But, you never know with GW, they're release patterns are way off the hook at the moment Razz

(by the way, I thought the same as you, previously being a big lothlorien collector, however I personally was very dissapointed when I saw the Galadhrim plastic, in the pictures they looked great but when I actually saw them, I really hated them, the detail in the faces is terrible, the armour was much chunkier and the mounted horses are horrible. But this isn't the point of the topic so let's continue with Rohan/Isengard)
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 am

(lets)

I am lookign forward to Thrydan however as he's got a really go profile so i might get him sepecially if they give us plastic dundalings. Epic Strike, Warfbane, and a +2 modifrer agaisnt Rohan heros in epic duels is sweet.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:08 pm

Well you don't have to buy plastic. Metals will still be available.
Anyway, hopefully this'll be the Helms Deep supplement!
Personally, I'm thrilled about the possibility of Dunlendings. Preferably plastic for easy customisation but new troops will be great regardless. Hopefully this'll finally inspire me to build that Angmar army, including a nice contingement of Warriors of Darn Dum (*cough*Dunlendings*cough*). Was a bit dismayed to find I couldn't take options like Morgul Stalkers as allies but this should more than make up for it Smile
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Id really like to do dunlandings if they came out in plastic as metal is a bit to much for me (£) but i agree they'll have to be better plastics than the galadhrim warriors. Who just look a bit...off if you get what i mean Suspect
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:23 pm

I reckon I'd be more than happy if they released some new poses of Dunlendings (similar to what they did for Mordor Uruk-Hai and Citadel Guard), some Dunlending Horsemen and some Dunlending Huscarls. And if they released plastics, even better, as long as they look good Wink

Helms Deep supplement would be absolutely brilliant, but considering the release pattern as of late I don't think that's what it'll be, more along the lines of another 'War of the Ring' release. Which is really bugging me to be honest. I miss the good old days when we got a tonne of fantastic new miniatures and books.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:06 pm

as do i. Sad
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:32 am

Red Corsairs wrote:
. I miss the good old days when we got a tonne of fantastic new miniatures and books.

And now we get untested/unproofread books and mediocre models Neutral

Knowing GW, plastic Dunlendings would just look rediculous. Compare the difference in quality between the metal and plastic Mordor Orcs for example.

(Which if anyone has a large number of metal Orcs they want to get rid of, I'd be more than happy to trade with ye Smile ).
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 pm

those metal mordor orcs are fantastic and make great captain too.
I think its a hard choice. You want something that cheap or high detail. It's just to hard to do otherwise.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:55 pm

High detail, since I much prefer metal miniatures over plastic ones...the metal ones don't fall over and scatter when some idiotic kid runs into the table Mad
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Laughing

I do much prefer the metal orcs but I don't mind the plastic ones in the way that I dislike the Galadhrim plastics.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:51 am

well i think thats becuase you rarly need Galaldrim where you always need orcs since 3/5 of the armys use them (Morodr, Isengard and Angmar)
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:01 am

Why would they sculpt Galadhrim badly just because less people use them?
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:16 pm

Maybe they'd put more effort into their popular models (like Space Marines)?
I don't think they'd poorly sculpt on purpose.

Anyway, plastic detailing shouldn't be too much of an issue these days. I mean, just look at the latest plastic releases in the form of Space Hulk and Space Wolves. Some pretty good stuff there. So there's hope.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 10:23 pm

True, Space Hulk and Space Wolves have a phenomenal amount of detail for plastics.
Back to top Go down
Dwimmerlaik
Farmer
Farmer

Dwimmerlaik

Main Army : Isengard

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:18 am

i dont like the dunlendings
but more isengard would be cool
also more rohan
personally i think the plastics are better than the metals... and their cheaper!!!
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 pm

maybe a new plastic Uruk-hai with croccbows as well in a 1/3 portion.
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:42 am

I really hope they finally bring Helm Hammerhand to the table and that he is well sculpted. I know a lot of Rohan players that just can't wait to get him. A supplement would be nice but I doubt it will cover SBG (which I play) but WOTR (which I don't Laughing ) . Maybe they'll do both...
Anyhow, if all the Rohan heroes are released, they might beat Gondor in the number of named heroes. I just hope they look better than the Fallen Realms release.
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:53 am

sounds very promising and overdue too. Rohan have needed a reinfocing for a long time now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:06 am

Corsair wrote:
sounds very promising and overdue too. Rohan have needed a reinfocing for a long time now!

Isn't that why they got the Sons of Eorl last time Smirk

I would love to see Helm Hammerhand and the Helm's Guard that Legions promiced but sicne they are not in WOTR book i doupt we will see them. Or maybe the goblins got to the rule book again like when the king of the dead was left out of the One Rule book.
Back to top Go down
Dwimmerlaik
Farmer
Farmer

Dwimmerlaik

Main Army : Isengard

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:29 am

although i dont actually collect them angmar has so few people i really think they need more
they should have the majority of reinforcements next time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rohan to be Next Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rohan to be Next   Rohan to be Next Empty

Back to top Go down

Rohan to be Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top