Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 pm

1) Those are the same pics as Fenrir posted.

2) Don't the Galadhrim com with command aswell confused
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Just seen an interesting rumour on TLA - some people think that the mystering mini that appeared on the GW site a while back -
Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 8yyibn

could be the new faramir mini.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:21 am

that is a good point actualy And sorry i didn't see the pictures. Headbang!
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:02 am

I said this on O-R, but I'll reiterate it here:

I sure as cuss hope that mystery model isn't the new Faramir!

I understand GW may want to make a post War of the Ring Faramir like they did Eomer, though for a game that focuses around war, it seems daft to make a model of a character who was a kind ruler in times of peace.

Besides, WETA already made a costume for Faramir following the defeat of Sauron, and though that shield (a shield, for a ranger like Faramir, really?) covers up a lot of his armour, I can still perceive enough to see that it doesn't look like what is shown in the film.

Cheers,
Fenrir
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:59 am

Hopefully, it's just something made from extras on the SKoDA sprue rather than being a seperate mini. If the set is going to contain options for standards and horns, then maybe it also comes with a helmetless head and a sword for the captain.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:05 am

that is quite possbile. I love that to be true but the old Captain modal would be almost usless. Tho i never really liked the mounted captain and the foot captain tho nice never really stood out.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 am

My big gripe with the possibility of the mystery figure being Faramir is actually quite simple: the price, assuming we follow logical GW pricing and they're not cutting us a sweet deal (ha ha, good one) is that the blister is not a foot/mounted one: it contains a single figure.

So if the mystery model is Faramir, he doesn't have a suitable counterpart to represent him when his horse is shot out from under him (in SBG) or when you put him in your large upgraded infantry formation like I would do (in WotR).

I've also been seeing that Duinhir will have a rule were for +1 point, Rangers will have access to S3 bows. What do y'all think of this Grimbold-like rule?

Personally, I don't see it as as much of a huge deal that people seem to make it out to be on O-R. S2 or S3, to wound, say, the new Morgul Knights, they still need to roll a 6. We'll not even bother discussing Haradrim, Isengard Uruk-hai (with shields, like any sensible general will lead their armywith), Easterlings, and all those troops with "the magic number" for their defence.

Oh and apparently we just need to wait til April 5th, which is when they are speculated to be put on Advance Order.

Cheers,
Fenrir
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

april the 5th. Great. Just about 1 week to go and then we can put any worries to rest.
I'm not bothered by the new supposed rules but i admit i would use the bow thing more than i would than Grimbold.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Really? Grimbold's rule actually is the better deal, since it's easier to wound those pesky D6 Uruk-hai, and even easier to wound those D4 Scouts without shields running around Wink
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Is it confirmed that Duinhir will give S3 bows, or is that just the current theory? I know on TLA that it's been mentioned as a theory, but I haven't heard it be mentioned as solid. I think I also read somewhere on TLA that if it is an upgrade, then it could be heavy armour (as the WotR legendery formation for them has heavy armour).
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:11 am

I think it's just a theory at the moment. Though if they have the heavy armour upgrade, would it be enough for them to release models for them, or will be be obligated to use Rangers or Warriors of Minas Tirith as proxies?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 am

well eaither way it might be intresting to see. I think that GW might start a trend of addind in Grimbold like rules to upgrade your men.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 am

Dunno. As I recall, in the WotR book they're pictured as just RoG in a different colour-scheme, hinting that there won't be new minis, but the Abrakhan Guard were shown as regular Haradrim in a different colour scheme and then they released the monstousities that are the current minis for them, so it could go either way No
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:10 am

too true. Lets face it GW des what they like half the time. anyone remeber the Galadrim Pathwalkers? Well GW don't
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

Main Army : Elves

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:53 am

I spent a while looking at the image posted by Dinadan and I think that it could be a post-WotR Aragorn King Elessar mini. The fact that it has Gondor AND Arnor typed across it could suggest that it was after Aragorn re-united the two Gondorin kingdoms after the WotR.

Just a guess...
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 3:48 pm

that is a good guess. It defently works but we all ready have a king aragorn and he was only in the film for the final battle (and a troll nearly powned him)
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:50 pm

I'd be more happy with that, since the shield matches the one WETA made for Aragorn before PJ decided to go shield-less.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:17 am

So much for advance orders being up on the 5th.
But wow, I must say that those Swan Knights are fantastic. I'll definitely be buying some for my Gondor army. I can't wait. The new models look a lot better as well over the old ones, even if they weren't plastic.

The Morgul Knights are also looking quite appealing as well... I'm tempted to change my Angmar plans to Minas Morgul.
Overall, I'm quite happy with what GW is doing at the moment (well maybe they're latest batch was half decent). And even if that model is supposed to be Faramir, my only concern would be the direction GW are taking with their new characters. One has to admit that the model looks really nice anyway, and I'd buy it to use as proxy, maybe with slight conversions.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:37 am

well i have found that they are tryign to "epic" up there modals in such a way that normal warriors or captains look like named heros. For example the Riders of Eorl or the Captain in the Gondor command box. They look morelike named heros than warriors/unamed captain.
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

Main Army : Elves

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:21 pm

You're right. They really are starting to make their 'generic' heroes much more like named ones. But if I could put it down to one thing, it would be so that they stand out more in a formation of warriors more. It draws your eye to them and they really do look neat heading up a 6 company strong formation of WoMT for example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!   Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic Swan Knights and Morgul Knights-PICTURES INCLUDED!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top