Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Single Miniature Painting Competition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Single Miniature Painting Competition Empty
PostSubject: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:45 am

This is our first official painting competition here on this version Might of Middle Earth and will by no means be our last!

Tell people you know about it if you wish, the more entrants, the Better and the more exciting the Competition!

I am letting everybody know of this competition now so that they can begin to prepare their Entries.

All Entries are to be Private Messaged to Me including the picture itself and the link to the picture on the Hosting website. The reason for this is so that other people entering haven't a clue what they are up against untill the Voting thread is opened.

All Entries MUST be a Single Miniature from the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game or War of the Ring.
Entries do not need to be LOTR Models produced by Games Workshop although they do need to be models mentioned by Games Workshop.
All Entries MUST be miniatures which are usually on 25mm bases although they can be mounted on Display Bases/plinths if you wish!

There may or may not be a prize for this competition! More information towards the end of the competition!

The Closing date for this Competition is 31st August and then a Voting Thread will be posted on 1st September running untill 30th September.

Enjoy our Competition. Comments and queries on the Competition are to be posted in this thread. And I Repeat, all Entries should be PMed to ME!

Last edited by Red Corsairs on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:56 am

Hmm, I think I may have just the model. Need a couple of new paints though so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:58 am

Had a typo in the thread so just fixed that Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 1:25 am

As I have written the competition entry requirements it reads that they have to be in the Strategy Battle Game or War of the Ring.

But I don't mind if you paint a model that's to represent someone not in the Rulebooks as long as you're sensible Razz
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah, sorry. Reread and realised that after I posted. Obviously wasn't quick enough witht he delete Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 11:07 am

No problem Cal. I guess my sleight of hand is too good for you Wink
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:50 pm

what about 1 hero/warrior on a horse?
Back to top Go down
Hirumith, the Grey Knight
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Sweet, sounds like fun! I'll try to pull something together (although I make no promises...), and hopefully have a figure ready in time.
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:44 am

Likewise, I'll try and get something done but I can't guarantee anything. It'd be nice to pick up the old brushes again though, dust off the paintpots... it's been shamefully long since I did anything especially hobby-related. No
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
powerofwill
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:30 am

Sounds like fun! I've nearly finished my entry.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:30 am

Excellent news powerofwill! Smile

And no jaws as the entry requirements state it has to be a single miniature on a 25mm base Smile
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:54 am

I'll have to rummage through my miniature bin, but I'm fairly certain I can paint something b the deadline.

Quote :
All Entries MUST be miniatures which are usually on 25mm bases although they can be mounted on Display Bases/plinths if you wish!

Ah good, so I can use Privateer Press's 30mm bases then?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:46 am

Yes Fenrir Smile
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm

aw. I knew just the one. My best painted modals are eatheir Cavalry or 40k so i might have to find something to paint for the comp(still ahve about 7 Rohan royal guard to paint on horseback too)
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Well I've got a pretty big backlog at the moment...but I haven't painted for an age. Still, as this is the first official comp I'll probably give it a go.

Now, who to paint....?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Excellent AW, I hope you're able to get something together for the competition.

Had the first entry in a couple of days ago Smile
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:35 pm

Dam, looks like I left it a little late to get cracking on my model. Long story short, my prefered entry remains unfinished and I'm going to have to submit another in its stead. I'm aiming to take photos tomorrow morning in the light and have it submitted by midnight GMT thus making the deadline.
It's a shame (seeing as I went and bought new paints and all for the model) but I've been busy. Hopefully, though my entry isn't my best work, it'll still give others a run for their money Smile
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:48 am

i finished painting mine 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't taken the picture!!!! Shocked

We also got a new camra so tryign to upload the ting will be a bitch. Not sure if i can get it up by tommorrow. I'll have to wait for bette rlight and even then i need to get a new Tax disk tommorrow(It expired today!) and i was going to go to my local GW as it's the last chance i will get befor ehte holidays finish.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Pfft, slack. I finished mine earlier and have now submitted it. Though the photos weren't particularly flattering so I almost went for my Khandish warrior which photographed better.
Anyway, this has got me started on painting again and I relearned a whole heap of tips. Thanks for the motivation and the start, I've got a fair bit to paint this month...
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:06 pm

i actualy painted mine while i was painting my chaos but i completly forgot aobut it. Finding a modal that needed a repaint wasn't easy eaither tho i eventualy found a Gandalf the White....which means i now have 2 on foot????
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 pm

The voting thread will have to wait for now as I'm rather busy at the moment, hopefully I'll have it up by the end of next week, so in the meantime if anyone else wants to enter or change their entry, get the PM to me quick and we can still fit you in. We only have 2 entries so it'd be nice to have some more Smile
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:33 am

Hmm decisions... May try and modify my entry. We'll see how things go.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am

Any updates on this?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 am

I've been pretty busy recently and haven't had much time on my hands, but I will try my best to get a voting thread up for the end of October.

However I'm afraid there will be no prizes, I haven't the funds to renew our domain name yet, let alone funding prizes for competitions.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:15 am

Don't worry about it RC. I can't speak for everyone here, but personally, it's the taking part thats the fun part and prizes aren't a nesseccity. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Single Miniature Painting Competition   Single Miniature Painting Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Single Miniature Painting Competition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top