Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended Empty
PostSubject: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 am

Basically this thread is about what is wrong with WOTR and what can possibly be done to improve the problems.

So far the major problems we decided upon is

Magic and might

What do people think about these

Ill update this post as we go along
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:52 am

Magic is definitely overpowered and unbalanced in my opinion. Haven't come across using magic much in my past experience with games however even in the short amount of time it was clear.

Radagasts spells are almost too good against cavalry Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:55 am

Magic is definately overpowered.

The special rules for heroes should also actually do something rather than take up ink/space in the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 am

Red Corsairs wrote:

Radagasts spells are almost too good against cavalry Razz

radagast has nothing extra special against cavalry

however what annoys me about radagast is the fact he can call epic tranquility so essentially sit there humming and the orcs will think "aaaw we cant attack that, its too cute/ cuddly/harmless (delete as appropriate) and while there thinking that radagast launcehs an attack against them

I think if he calls an epic tranquility then the formation he is with should be unable to charge
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:06 pm

What about the "Epic Strike timing" probplem. Can you counter one strike with another? Can you stike when terror test reduced your fight to 1? Can you Strike in duels? Thats full of holes
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Jaws 900 how would you solve the epic strike then. Would you not allow counters etc.
On the topic of terror we cant figure out if terror counters out terror like it does in fantasy or do both units still have to test
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 pm

I'm not sure about terror in War of the Ring but I know they each counter out one another in SBG
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Red Corsairs wrote:
I'm not sure about terror in War of the Ring but I know they each counter out one another in SBG

I dont think they do counter each other out, the rules just say a warrior charging a terrifying enemy must take a courage test. It doesnt refer to terror countering out terror.Nb this is SBG not WOTR
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:40 pm

Just checked my rulebook and I stand corrected Razz

Wonder why I thought that Surprised
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Red Corsairs wrote:
Just checked my rulebook and I stand corrected Razz

Wonder why I thought that Surprised

maybe because i refered to the rule in fantasy and maybe it just fitted Very Happy . But back on topic how would you play terror in WOTR
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I'd just have it so they counter each other out, think about it. Would a Mumakil see treebeard and get scared? It just makes more sense to me that they should counteract with each other.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 1:29 am

I'd say they don't counter - just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared (e.g. a wraith would leg it from Glorfindel, but Glorfindel would leg it from all nine ganging up on him). The rules make no mention that terror cancels terror, therefore they don't cancel.
Back to top Go down
feanor the gim
Farmer
Farmer

feanor the gim

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:38 am

Dînadan wrote:
I'd say they don't counter - just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared (e.g. a wraith would leg it from Glorfindel, but Glorfindel would leg it from all nine ganging up on him). The rules make no mention that terror cancels terror, therefore they don't cancel.

thats how we thought about it. just cause im scary doesnt mean i wont be scared by you for example
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:48 am

I realize the rules make no mention of it meaning obviously they don't counteract one another, all I meant was that in my opinion they should in a similar way to fantasy. And Glorfindel wouldnt leg it from the Nine, it was just because he had to save Frodo Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 5:07 am

feanor the gim wrote:
Jaws 900 how would you solve the epic strike then. Would you not allow counters etc.
On the topic of terror we cant figure out if terror counters out terror like it does in fantasy or do both units still have to test

I have a house rule that staits that you may chain any Epic/heoric abiltiy ontop of another and the most resant in the chain ativates first or a roll-off accures in the case for Heroic Charges etc. However i have forrbenten Epic Stike, Ramapge and any other "Offencive" stills if the failed a Terro test for the rest of the turn.

I have also forbbbioden maigc casting if the formation is disorgnised as the magic caster will be trying to keep him men in place.
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:16 am

feanor the gim wrote:

however what annoys me about radagast is the fact he can call epic tranquility so essentially sit there humming and the orcs will think "aaaw we cant attack that, its too cute/ cuddly/harmless

Sorry, I just had to comment on Radagasts power Laughing
Never quite imagined him as the cuddly wizard Smirk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended   Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with WOTR and how can this be ammended

View previous topic View next topic Back to top