Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

League of Legends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:49 pm

My gaming friends and I have recently given this a go. For those who don't know League of Legends is a freely available, fantasy-action-RTS in which the player takes on the role of a Champion (from a selection of almost 100) and works with their team to destroy the opponents base. You travel down lanes defended by your own and enemy turrets and your Champion acquires experience and gold by fighting and making progress which in turn lead to better spells and items.

It sounds fairly simple and, on some levels, it is. Kill enemies, level up, don't die, rinse and repeat. However, the game has deceptive depth due to the huge variety in characters and the vast number of spells, items and buff in game. While at the highest levels of competitive play this makes the game incredibly complex and unforgiving, at most levels the game is a good bit of fun (especially if you can a good team together) and is fairly intuitive and easily to pick up. Outside of games you, the Summoner, earn points which can be used to buy more Champions and a ranking system gives things a nice competitive edge.

As I've mentioned, the game is free to download and is only about 2Gb and if anyone hasn't played it I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. Has anyone else ever played much of this or a similar type of game?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Just downloading it now. Quite a few people have suggested it to me now so I figured I may as well see what all the fuss is about Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm playing it now, quite a good game I must say. I like how even low levels have a chance against the high levels. I'm very poor at it at the moment and haven't gotten myself a good strategy or found which type of champion is best for me, but I'm having fun nonetheless. Add me - RedCorsairs13.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 am

Great! My friends are playing most evenings - we've managed to get most of them into it so there's always a few of us up for playing. As I said, you'll get much more out of it if you're playing with a group - even at lower levels - so you're welcome to join us RC. I've added you as a friend so you should be able to see when I'm online. We normally use TeamSpeak for voice chat if you have a mic/headset/want to download it.

Which champions have you tried out so far? If you're looking for inspiration go to RoitGames Youtube channel and watch some of the Champion Spotlights. You don't have to pay too much attention to the item/mastery/rune builds but the videos help to get a feel for how each champion looks and feels in the game.

See you online Smile
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:17 pm

Thanks, I don't have a mic or teamspeak but might be getting it soon so that I can game with members of Heresy Online so if I do I'll be sure to use it and join you.

So far I've been testing out lots of different champs; Ashe, Janna, Ziggs, Tristana, Caitlyn, Gangplank and I'm going to try out Karthus and Ahri as well but I'll definitely give that channel a browse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League of Legends Empty
PostSubject: Re: League of Legends   League of Legends Empty

Back to top Go down

League of Legends

View previous topic View next topic Back to top