Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

fighting uruk-hai

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
uruk1987
Farmer
Farmer

Main Army : isengard

fighting uruk-hai Empty
PostSubject: fighting uruk-hai   fighting uruk-hai EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:22 am

i went to my local gw store today and got a good look at the scout models and in my opinion they suck! the metals were much better quality, but to do a scout army made of the old metals would not be cost efficient so im gonna go full armour and do a full on uruk-hai army captains, berserkers, trolls the lot, the white hand rules.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

fighting uruk-hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting uruk-hai   fighting uruk-hai EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:48 pm

Well what size army are you going for? If you go with the combined arms approach of the 3 different types of Orcs, along with a couple of heroes, the metal scouts would be bearable as you wouldn't need too many.

Not to dissuade you though. The Legions of the White Hand are a good, solid force. Beserkers are just plain cool, and crossbows are one of the deadlier weapons in the game, particularly in numbers and they still get Shamans. Remember the humble Isengard Orc or Dunlendings though if you want additional numbers. And if you ever get to sieges, then you'll definitely have some fun with bombs and ballistae.

A lot of powerful heroes open to you. Any idea which you are going to build your force around?
Back to top Go down
uruk1987
Farmer
Farmer

Main Army : isengard

fighting uruk-hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting uruk-hai   fighting uruk-hai EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:48 am

i was thinking of doing my army based on the uruks, that assault helms deep (as i already have a 1000pts rohan army) so i suppose it'll be led by unamed heroes, also i was thinking of using the plastic scout archers because they look the best out of all the new plastics (my personal opinion).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fighting uruk-hai Empty
PostSubject: Re: fighting uruk-hai   fighting uruk-hai Empty

Back to top Go down

fighting uruk-hai

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - LOTR Strategy Battle Game - :: Army Building and Tactics-
Jump to: