Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Incoming: Misty Mountains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 pm

whooooooo! I can't wait to see the modals
Back to top Go down
Hirumith, the Grey Knight
Farmer
Farmer

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:30 am

Folks have probably already seen the shots posted on various other sites, but for those not in-the-know, here's a link to the Advance orders page:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat450002a&rootCatGameStyle=lotr

For my part, I generally like the new releases, mostly with just nit-picky issues. The Blackshield drummer (drummee? The guy carrying the darn thing) is the biggest issue - what a headache that guy must have!
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 pm

My opinions on these minis:

Cave Drake
I'm a bit iffy on this, but it is definately salvagable. Removing the spikes on the legs and the tentecle-horns on the head will vastly improve the mini in my opinon. Also, I think it would look better if you used this as a dragon (with the wings from the dragon mini) and the dragon mini as a Cave Drake.

King's Champion
The minis look alright, nothing special, but nothing too bad either, but definately overpriced.

Gundabad Blackshields' Command
I'm not keen on these guys myself. The shaman looks horrible and is definately inferior to the previous Goblin shaman minis. The drummer looks alright, but the drum itself not so much; I think its a nice concept with the goblin carrying the drum on its back, but the sculpting lets it down and makes it look naff. The Captain looks alright, but I'd need to see more angles to give an acurate judgement - as it stands, I'm not too fussed on the cloak.

Gundabad Blackshields
I think that these would look nice if it weren't for the cloaks. The shields also let them down a bit in my opinion. The biggest redeaming feature is the price - 4 for £8 makes them cheeper than other similar blister packs (which are 2 or 3 for £8) and from the pic of them alongide the regular plastic goblins they look fairly larger so it doesn't seem to be a case of them slipping an extra in to compensate for size. Pity that there's only 3 varients though.

Floi Stonehand
He looks okay, but he's vastly overpriced.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 am

Cave Drake
Nice modal however too dragon like. I would rather use this as an alternate dragon without wings rather than a cave drake. I'll keep using my Carnasaur instead.

Kings Champion
TOO expensive!!! £20 for 3 modals it's over the top even for GW. The modals are nice tho and i don't know how the hell use the other guys. He should also be on a large bace...he's mosnter not an angry grot!

Command
i like the drumer and the captains ok but i hate the shaman and the drum looks stupid.

Blackshields

I'm actually happy with these guys but i do have to think they could have been better...pity there are only 3 variants tho.

Floi
Did we start playing fantasy? he looks nothing like a LOTR Dwarf. Crap and over priced.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:37 am

jaws900 wrote:
Cave Drake
Nice modal however too dragon like. I would rather use this as an alternate dragon without wings rather than a cave drake. I'll keep using my Carnasaur instead.
Considering drake is another word for dragon, and therefore a Cave Drake should be a dragon who lives in a cave, is it really such a bad thing that it looks dragon-y? Wink

Quote :
Kings Champion
TOO expensive!!! £20 for 3 modals it's over the top even for GW. The modals are nice tho and i don't know how the hell use the other guys. He should also be on a large bace...he's mosnter not an angry grot!
He does come with a large base. For SBG they're on seperate 25mm bases, but for wotR they're on a 60mm base Wink
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:16 am

oh fair enoguh.

I was expecting the Cave Drake to be smaller and lower down a bit like the one in Battle for Middle earth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incoming: Misty Mountains   Incoming: Misty Mountains - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Incoming: Misty Mountains

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - LOTR Strategy Battle Game - :: New Releases-
Jump to: