Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? Empty
PostSubject: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:38 am

Since the site's just starting back up again, I figured I may as well take the time to explain what this forum is all about.

The Shadow of the Dog Lord is a game (the full title being The Shadow of the Dog Lord Roleplaying Adventure Game which is being written and distributed by this website's own LordFenrir (that's me). It is a paper and pencil tabletop roleplaying game (like Dungeons and Dragons), however instead of trekking through dungeons, killing random monsters and stealing their gold, this game pits the heroes against a terrible and powerful enemy threatening to destroy their very world.

Oh, and it's got furries (meaning all the characters are half human/half animal (in this case, canine)).

The game employs a new dice mechanic which combines several others into an easier to learn and quick system, allowing for fast paced cenimatic gaming. It's not a fantasy game...it's more of an epic fantasy game.

The release date for it is still a ways away, but it will be released at the largest furry fandom convention in the world, Anthrocon in summer 2011. With the release will not only be the Core Book, but hopefully a supplement or two, as well as dice, maps, and maybe miniatures and a novel book.

Any further (hehe..."fur"ther) questions may be posted here and I will do my best to answer them if I can (meaning if the information isn't secret, like major rules).

Cheers,
LordFenrir
Back to top Go down
Radagastbird
Warrior
Warrior

Radagastbird

Main Army : Dwarves

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:08 am

I'm quite ignorant concerning role-playing games. Do you have a miniature representing yourself on a board or is it something completely different?
Good luck on your project,
Rad
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 am

Depends on the game, but Fen has mentioned wanting a miniature line.
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 am

Any good miniatures produced will definately be seen in my display cabinet! Very Happy

best of luck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:09 pm

It's a game that can be played with miniatures or without. Without means that everything moves a lot faster, but ensures that players use honesty to let everyone else know where they are in relation to a foe. Miniature use, while it takes a little longer to resolve combat, lets you know exactly who's where.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:16 pm

LordFenrir wrote:

Any further (hehe..."fur"ther)

That might have to class as the worst Pun ever made. :lol!:

I might get it once it's out actually but i love weird games. I got a very old game played by Vikings (It's titeled the Viking game, Oh the originality!)
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 4:44 am

Hehe 'Fur'ther. Very Punny (there you go jaws - that is the worst ever pun Smile)

Good luck with this project Fenrir, you've been working on it hard for a while so it'll be excellent once it's finally released.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?   What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the Shadow of the Dog Lord?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top