Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Historicals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Historicals Empty
PostSubject: Historicals   Historicals EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

So who plays Historical games?

Flames of War seems to be the largest, and quite a nice game as well, if expensive.

However, my attention has been grabbed by the Napoleonic era. I've always considered buying a set of Red Coats just to paint up but never properly considered starting. I'm tempted, though the wide variety of rules, lack of local retailers and opponents is a slight dampener.

What are others' experiences? What historical games would you like to start if you could?
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Historicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historicals   Historicals EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:03 am

A while back I did try WH Historical, but never got arround to doing much with it. I also started a Republican Roman army for WM Historical, but again haven't really got arround to doing much with it. :/
Back to top Go down
Hirumith, the Grey Knight
Farmer
Farmer

Historicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historicals   Historicals EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:31 am

Sorry in advance for slight threadomancy!

I haven't actually played any historicals yet, but have collected and am working on a number of armies/projects at the moment, none of them Napoleonics though.

It seems like with Napoleonics you're spoiled for choice with minis and rules. The stuff I'm working on right now falls mostly under the "ancients" umbrella - early Imperial Romans, British Celts, and Greek Hoplites. I haven't settled on a ruleset yet, I guess that will depend on what opponents are playing (if I can find any...).

I've also got a handful of 28mm WWII figs which I plan on using with Operation: Squad. I have the rules and they look like a lot of fun - pretty fast-paced squad-level game with solid but not over-complicated rules.

If you're interested, I know there's a Yahoo group dedicated solely to variants of the LotR SBG game system, and it includes several historical variants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Historicals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Historicals   Historicals Empty

Back to top Go down

Historicals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Non-GW Games-
Jump to: