Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Cal's Feedback Log

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 pm

So I finally decided to record my LotR painting progress in the hope of staying motivated. I'll try to keep this short, I have 2 things to show to start with.

Firstly this is my progress on Theoden for the One Ring painting challenge. Needs to be painted by the end of the month. This'll be interesting.
Cal's Feedback Log 003

Secondly, here's a Dwarven Warrior test scheme. I used to have them painted with red cloth but I decided to try a darker scheme (given their preference for tunelling and living underground). The flame pattern linked it into their forging and such. Please excuse the painting quality, it's an old model.
Cal's Feedback Log 002

I quite like it, though I'm a bit hesitant as the colours remind me of Mordor. Also a flame pattern would've looked quite nice on Easterlings (if I ever got some) but I guess that's no longer an option.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:59 pm

i like the dawrf. It does really work and being on a metal dwarf it works better. I would have to see this on a plastic one. Have you done the same sort of flame patter on the shield?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:08 am

Looks great so far Cal, especially the platemail skirt on Theoden. I look forward to seeing if you can get it finished in time Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I'll be able to do more stuff soon but I'm pretty busy at the moment. I did manage to mostly finish Theoden, just ran out of time for the base:

Cal's Feedback Log 001-1
Cal's Feedback Log 002-1
Cal's Feedback Log 003-1

I managed to get 2 votes as well which I was happy with Smile

@ Jaws - Nothing done on his shield yet. I was contemplating whether to add a flame pattern or to try and draw the more typical geometric rune type pattern. Either could look good. Thoughts? Also would like to experiment with plastic dwarves but they're not anywhere near the top of my wishlist at the moment so it may be a while.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Great work on Theoden - keep it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cal's Feedback Log Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cal's Feedback Log   Cal's Feedback Log Empty

Back to top Go down

Cal's Feedback Log

View previous topic View next topic Back to top