Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Necrons - Fan or not

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

New Necrons - Fan or not Empty
PostSubject: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:08 am

I got the codex on Sat and looked though it and iw anted to know other people opions on the new Crons. From what i can see they have changed there background a bit from evil old robots that onces rules the universe to egyptians who replaced there flesh with metal. Model wise i like some of them but other not so much and also rule wise as well. Some seem really good but no real way to use them effectivly. For example Immortals are now troops but are less viable than warriors due to the lack of transports (ones that are out anyway) Alos they got a pair of flyiers and some very uncreative weapon names. "Death Ray" Seriously guys?

Anyway i'm very much meh with them as some parts intrast me but when i have almost found somethign another thing comes along a ruinins it. Personly i would have loved to be able to take Flayed ones as troops but taking a certain HQ.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:51 am

Also got the 'dex on Saturday (bought using the winnings of a painting comp), and I quite like it.

At first I was a bit unsure of the new fluff and model designs, but they've grown on me. And the nice thing about the new fluff is that for the most part it doesn't invalidate the old stuff - fluffwise you can still play a robo undead army if you so wish.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:44 am

Not read the codex or much about the new minis yet but they look great from what I've seen. Considering starting an army of them actually as I already have a box of warriors lying around somewhere and I was already considering picking up a 40k army again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:37 pm

I just love a little combo you can do. there is one hero that makes all the board difficult terrain on turn one. You can then take a C'tan with a certain power which makes all difficult terrain danourous. You can see the chesses all over the place. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:57 am

It's a Matt Ward 'dex - what do you expect Razz
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 am

I've had a read through the dex and the rules are awesome. It sounds like they're going to be a much more exciting and interesting army to play with now. Before they were powerful but boring, the games I played as them the best way was to slowly move forward whilst obliterating everything. Now they have so much more options to explore, as a result I will be picking up the dex and some of their units between now and christmas (afterall I've been being bugged by some freinds to pick up 40k again as we now have a place to game regularly without having to go into GW). Not to mention, the new minis look brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:21 pm

I will probely not get some but mainly because i have 8 diffrent 40k armies all ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Necrons - Fan or not   New Necrons - Fan or not Empty

Back to top Go down

New Necrons - Fan or not

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Other GW Games :: Warhammer 40K-
Jump to: