Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Painting Wardens of Carrock`

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

Painting Wardens of Carrock` Empty
PostSubject: Painting Wardens of Carrock`   Painting Wardens of Carrock` EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Hey all,

I am gonna get some of the varangian guard Dinedan used as variags in his article, but i want to use them as wardens of carrock. They look sort of like woodmen with the bold axes and cloaks. In addition to this they are remarkably cheap!

So how do i paint them - I don't know much about their history, so if they are woodland people, would greens be better. mountains would be better with grey cloaks and white garbs.

So any info along with paint schemes are really really welcome!!

thanks

James
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wardens of Carrock`   Painting Wardens of Carrock` EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:40 pm

I think all the info we are given on the Beornlings is that they lived in the lands between Mirkwood and the Misty Mountains, and after the events of TH, they started taxing the road from Mirwood that ran over the Carrok to the Misty Mountains. As such, I think it may depend on when you want you army based.

Prior to TH/just after, I'd go for a 'poor' colour scheme - i.e. browns and off whites. Paint the tunic, trousers and cloak with Denheb Stone and then wash the trousers with Ogryn Flesh and the cloack with Devlan Mud and slighty highlight the tunic. Paint the leather and skin as you would normally, and the hair brown or black. Swap around the position of the three clothing colours to add variety while retaining uniformity.

Post TH, you could use red, blue and or green instead of the browns, and highlight the off white areas with more white to represent them using their increased wealth to import dyes and higher quality clothing.
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wardens of Carrock`   Painting Wardens of Carrock` EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, i like the idea of the poorer troops. thus i will have grey cloaks and normal leather.

Then when it comes to grimbeorn, i shall do something a bit more fancier, more colours etc etc.

thanks Dinedan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wardens of Carrock`   Painting Wardens of Carrock` EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Happy to help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wardens of Carrock`   Painting Wardens of Carrock` Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting Wardens of Carrock`

View previous topic View next topic Back to top