Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread Empty
PostSubject: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 am

Well I've been promising for a while now so here is my WIP thread for the new Space Wolves.

At GamesDay 2009 I just had to buy some of the new Space Wolves and ended up spending about £100 on them Razz

So far I've started building them up and have converted a Wolf Lord using one of the Masters of the Chapter models aswell as 1 Lone Wolf so far.

I also have 10 Chaos Wolves which I plan to convert into Fenrisian Wolves by sculpting over spikes and such.

I also have my previous Space Marines Army to repaint and convert aswell as a whole bunch of one of my freinds Salamanders army that I managed to buy off him Smile

So here goes for pictures.

2 Wolf Guard and Njal Stormcaller (yes the Wolf Guard on the left hasn't got an arm yet Razz):

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0183

Njal Stormcaller:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0184

Wolf Lord:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0185
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0186

Blood Claws/Grey Hunters:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0187

Quick Test of a 'Grey' Space Wolves paint scheme, I'm not very keen on this to be honest and will probably repaint it a few times before I get it right but I would like a 2nd opinion on this:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0188

Lone Wolf Conversion using Sternguard:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0194

Sprues yet to be used:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0189

And Random bitz from leftover sprues and not even a quarter of the Marines I have to convert into Space Wolves:

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0190
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 102_0191

Comments and criticism welcome Smile

Last edited by Red Corsairs on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:31 am

Would like to see a full marine painted in the test colour - from what I can see it looks good, but it's hard to tell from just a greave and boot.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:12 am

Oh man...I think I'm a gonna buy me some Space Wolves soon Very Happy Those look fantastic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

LordFenrir wrote:
Oh man...I think I'm a gonna buy me some Space Wolves soon Very Happy Those look fantastic Very Happy
As long as you don't bankrupt yourself before you've finished buying your army for next year's painting challenge Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:31 pm

i would love them too but i still need a whole pile of Eldar. Not to mention next years comp will put me back £150 alone. Sad
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:49 am

So here's one last project before I start the hard work of an army in the new year.

Here is my new purchase of Lucius the Eternal. I've based him on a display plinth, on a hill with a Space Marine helmet, though those cannot be seen too well with the poor picture quality.

Hopefully I'll update this weekly as I progress though it's not properly started yet.

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010977
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010978
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010979
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm

not bad *over joyed that someone is useing the onl HQ that i ever killed*
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:21 am

A bit of progress, painted the face, part of the whip and have started on the left shoulder pad to test out how I'm going to paint the armour and metal areas.

Took a while to get the face to a colour that I liked but I think I'm finally there. As for the whip, also took me a while to blend it properly but after a couple of attempts I think I've managed to pull it off. Still some highlighting on both the blue and the red sections though.

For the metal areas I've gone for a rusted metal colour though it's still got one or two more metallic highlights to be added. The flesh on the other hand is still in early stages and has only just had a basecoat and a wash so far.

The base is all finished except the Space Marine helmet which I cannot paint untill I get a Dark Angels Green (so that I can ridicule my main opponent).

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010980
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010981
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010982
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P1010983
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread P101098453

Comments and criticism always welcome.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:37 am

Keep up the good work.

Just an idea, but if you're up to it how about painting his armour changing colour (i.e. from the same colour as the marine helmet on the base to his normal pink)? Considering his fluff is he posseses whoever kills him, you could have him painted mid posession Smile
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:46 am

Now that is one hell of a good idea!

So have it as if the Dark Angel has just killed Lucius and now is mid-way through being posessed by him?

Sounds like a great idea and I will have a go at it, not sure how it'll turn out as it took me long enough blending blue to red so blending green to pink will be pretty hard, but nevertheless I will try.

Thanks Dinadan.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:48 am

You could always wake his oponant a Blood Angle or Blood Raven - red to pink should be a lot easier Razz

And you're welcome - glad you liked the idea Smile
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:50 am

I might actually do that Razz

Do you think I should have just the pink bits blending from red or the whole body blending from red? It'd make more sense for the whole body and could potentially look better too.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:58 am

Whole body from red (well red, black and any other colour where apropreate where the slaying marine's armour had a different colour).
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

Main Army : All Armies

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:38 am

Lucius is great!

James
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeforum101.com/lotrsbg
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Looking great. It's a nice model, even if I don't like the background so much (I don't like things that are invincible).
Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:59 am

Oh Yeah, not sure how realistic and historic you aer going hre Jake, but if they still represent chapter masters, its worth making sure you paint their shoulder trims the appropriate colour. Like watch is gold, arsenal is red, No extra colour for recruits and fleet is green.

cheers

James
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:04 am

Don't think those things count for Lucius the Eternal Razz (or any chaos in fact)

Unless you mean my Space Wolves, in which case I'm not sure on them either to be honest, they're not a regular Astartes Chapter like the goody tooshoes Ultrapansies. But I'll look into it, though I won't paint them true to their background anyway, I like alternative schemes and it's what I enjoy most about painting.
Back to top Go down
Corsair
Warrior
Warrior

Corsair

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:14 am

Red Corsairs wrote:
goody tooshoes Ultrapansies

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Evil or Very Mad Surprised Surprised Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

tsss, shame on you Jake..SHAME...ON...YOU!!!

James Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 am

How the hell has this thread got over 1100 views!? o.0

A Long due update.

Ignore the chips in the paint, I need to spend some time fixing them, dropped him Sad

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 104_0002
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 104_0003
RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread 104_0004

Comments and criticism welcome as always.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:57 am

Good work RC - looking forward to seeing him finished Smile

Would love to see what you'd do with Ahriman Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:44 am

Picking up Warmachine again.

Just ordered Goreshade the Bastard and Deathwalker - http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/warcasters/goreshade-the-bastard-deathwalker

As well as a bunch of Warmachine style 30mm Bases (far nicer than the regular GW ones if you ask me).

The stuff should arrive Friday or next week so when it does I'll start on it and keep you updated.

When my money goes in on the 1st I'll also order some other Cryx stuff as well as some Enigma Miniatures Fantasy models.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:12 am

Looking forward to seeing these RC, I absolutely love Warmachine figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am

As do I and my LGS are starting to play it as well.

I think this is exactly what I need to get back into the hobby properly.

It'll cost a lot to get a good cryx army going but I really like the models and am thinking of dropping 40k completely for it.

I just need to wait for the Cryx Rulebook to come before I buy anything else.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 am

Goreshade and Deathwalker arrived today!

I have to say, the quality of Warmachine minis are so much better than Games Workshop, and not just the figures. The blister packaging is perfect and each mini is wrapped to protect it. The bases are so much nicer too.

I won't be able to start painting it untill tomorrow though.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:01 pm

I've built, undercoated, based and started painting Goreshade but haven't got any pictures yet.

Just posting to let you know I am actually doing something Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread   RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

RC's Non-LOTR Feedback Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top