Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Blogs!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord
Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

Blogs! Empty
PostBlogs!

I've managed to set up a system where the Blogs forum actually work like Blogs.

As you can see from this thread, the main post is a large main post whereas all of peoples replies actually work like a kind of comments system. Making it more and more like a proper Blog.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
Share this post on: reddit

Blogs! :: Comments

Red Corsairs
Re: Blogs!
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 pm by Red Corsairs
Example of a Blog Comment
Dînadan
Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 pm by Dînadan
Interesting
Red Corsairs
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 am by Red Corsairs
Would you rather I deleted this feature and made it as normal or I kept it as a proper Blog?
Radagastbird
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:01 am by Radagastbird
This would be a good feature for articles and pictures that don't usually have a lot of discussion about them
Dînadan
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:35 am by Dînadan
Keep this feature as it's something different Smile
jaws900
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:32 am by jaws900
I love it. Would be really good for the "Build me an army worthy of ______" in the new year.
Red Corsairs
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:22 pm by Red Corsairs
I don't think it would suite the Build Me an Army Challenge. Whilst if it were just one post with pictures on it'd work perfect however in the blog format, when the owner of the thread posted an update with more pictures, the chances are it'd distort the page due to the smaller comments area.
Dînadan
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 pm by Dînadan
That's a good point RC, although people could be limited to say one set of pic a month and they would start a new blog each month (e.g. you'd post 'RC's Build me an army worthy of _____; Month 1' for the first month and then 'RC'c build me an army worthy of _________; Month 2' for the second and so on, sort of like when WD did the various 'A Tale of ___ Gamers' series, there would be an article each month as way of an update. Of course, we'd need to make a subforum when the time comes for ease (and maybe even subforums within that to seperate either each month or each participent).
jaws900
Post Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:05 pm by jaws900
Or if they just post something like
"Update"
And edit the origianl post to have the new pictures there.
Red Corsairs
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:30 am by Red Corsairs
Yes but the thing is for the Army Challenge the idea is really to post new pictures of your WIP's of the Monthly limit as you go along and have an end Image of that Months miniatures at the end. And updating the original post like that could start to get confusing.

I'd rather we just had a Sub-Forum in Competitionss for the Army Challenge and we just posted them as normal in there and have a few WIP's threads for each month:

* RC's Build Me an Army Worthy of... Month 1
* Dinadans Build Me an Army Worth of... Month 1

* RC's Build Me an Army Worthy of... Month 2 etc etc etc.

(at the end of each month I reckon the previous months stuff could be locked to stop people reviving old WIP's).

Of course this is just how I think it should be done, there may be other ways of doing it.
jaws900
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 am by jaws900
i like that idea. I still need to egt the mentogether for it(I have 37 horses to buy!)
Red Corsairs
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:42 am by Red Corsairs
I've managed to collect together the majority of the Gondor Army I'll need, still have 60 Warriors of Minas Tirith on the way in the post, just need some Knights now (Minas Tirith and Dol-Amroth).
jaws900
Post Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:46 am by jaws900
I still need 3 boxes of of Rohan riders as well as a Captain and a Rider of Eorl to be Brego.
Post  by Sponsored content

Blogs!

Page 1 of 1