Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Mordheim.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord
Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

Mordheim. Empty
PostMordheim.

Played Mordheim for the first time today - 'twas fun. Playing a Posessed warband, I started out with a Magister, a Posessed and six Brethern (two with axes and daggers, two with hammers and daggers and two with short bows, axes and daggers). After three games, one of the hammer men is dead and one of the bowmen has been promoted to hero status.

First game was against a Skaven band, and was a street fight - we were fighting down a long narrow(ish) street with the objective being to leg it down the street. My archers set up in some ruins on my left flank, with the main band taking up position in the street. The main band advanced down the street, while the archers moved into a pub to gain a prime sniping spot. The Skaven diveded into two groups, one working itsway down the street dashing from ally to ally, while the other navigated through the ruins. We clashed in the centre of the street, and after taking two casulaties (who fortunately recovered post-match), I volunterily routed. Moral of the story - Rat Ogres are nasty Razz

Second game was against another Possesed band, this time over a ruin crowed section of town. Scenario was for my opponant to break through and get two or more of his men to my table edge. My archers set up in ruins near the centre of the table, with most of my warriors in the ground floor of said ruin and the others ('led' by the Possesed) in a 'street' between same ruin and another. I advanced (archers remaining in the ruin to snipe) the Magister lead group while the Possesed lead group inched forwards to try and bait some of the enemy who were on the flank. Said enemy ignored them and ran down the other side of the ruins. Deciding that it wasn't worth going after them (and that a moral victory of wiping up the guys he'd left behind would be more proffitable than trying to leg it back down the board to stop him), the possesed and co. went to join their mates in the main scrap. In the aftermath of this game, one of the archers was promoted to hero status (more though luck than skill - the XP of surviving two games was enough to give them a roll on the advancement table which netted a promotion for one of them).

Third game was a fourway, with us having to secure objectives. other teams were the Skaven from game 1, the Possesed from game 2 and an Orc band which I hadn't faced yet. One objective was in the centre of the table, and the other four were spread out. I advanced to take one objective that was in a nearby ruin, then dashed out and grabbed the central objective. The other Posessed band pounced and their big gribbly guys took out the objective bearer and one other guy, while my Possed legged it to one side and pounced on a downed orc, putting him out of commission. My Magister retook the droped objective and beat a hasty retreat, but wasn't able to get out of charge range. He was knocked down, but not out. I would have volenterily routed in my next turn, but we ran out of time before then, so the outcome was the same. It was in this game that the hammer guy died. Have yet to work out the results of XP yet, but several of my heroes will be making advancement rolls when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Mordheim. :: Comments

ArtificialWinter
Re: Mordheim.
Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:40 am by ArtificialWinter
I've never played Mordheim but it certainly sounds like you enjoyed yourself. Will you be playing regularly?
Dînadan
Post Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:26 pm by Dînadan
ArtificialWinter wrote:
Will you be playing regularly?
Hopefully. Smile
Cal585
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:43 pm by Cal585
That sounds pretty good. It's whet my appetite to get back into strategy games Smile
Any chance of some pictures in future? It's not an easy ask but it would be ace.
Dînadan
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:31 pm by Dînadan
Cal585 wrote:
Any chance of some pictures in future? It's not an easy ask but it would be ace.
Depeds on how I feel on the day - considering I'm lazy... Razz
Dînadan
Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:38 am by Dînadan
Had two more games today, both threeways.

First game was me vs another Possesed warband vs a Middenheimer warband. Scenario was to search the pool in the centre of the table for Wyrdstone shards. I advanced towards the pool and tangled with the other Possesed band and got badly mauled, although I managed to take a couple out before voluntarily routing. The Middenheimers were then pounced on, but they managed to fend off the other possesed band.

Second game was against the same possessed and an orc band. Scenario was to kill a baby dragon. We all advanced cautiously and held back, trying to arrow it to death but to no avail. Eventually the other possesed band decided to charge in, and after a couple of turns finally felled the beast.

With all the gold earned I've expaned my warband, replacing the dead hammerer, hiring a new axeman and hiring two beastmen.
ArtificialWinter
Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am by ArtificialWinter
How are the other bands doing comparitively or will you not find out until you play next?
Dînadan
Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:29 pm by Dînadan
Won't find out until I play. I think that for the most part they're doing well.
Dînadan
Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:42 am by Dînadan
Had another game today, this time a massive multiplayer game (6 players including me). I spent most of the game doing sod all (my deployment was off to one side and I deployed to go after one of the other warbands, but he kept moving away from me).
Post  by Sponsored content

Mordheim.

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - General - :: Members Blogs-
Jump to: