Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord
LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o Empty
Post2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o

So, just gt the response on One Ring, and the participants for next year's Tale of 9 Gamers: War of the Ring have been announced. With my current obligation with an army painting contest on this website, I have two armies now to paint in 2010: a 1500 point Rhun and Khand army for the Strategy Battle Game, and an at least 2000 point Gondor and Arnor War of the Ring army for O-R.

Wish me luck lads!
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o :: Comments

Red Corsairs
Re: 2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 am by Red Corsairs
Bloody hell, it'll be enough struggle for me to do this one army, let alone 2 Razz

Good luck Smile
Dînadan
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 am by Dînadan
O.o Sounds ambitious. Then again, painting 12 Easterlings with shields and spears a month would give you 1440pts for SBG, so that side shouldn't take too long (depending on how fast you paint), and 2 companies of WoMt with full command a month would give you 1800pts for WotR, so it shouldn't be too bad (especially if you max out on heroes and expensive warrior choices :p )
LordFenrir
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:31 am by LordFenrir
Hehe...thanks lads! Honestly, I quite forgot about the SBG challenge for here when I signed in for the one for O-R, and don't want to back down (this year's challenge only had two regular painters Sad ).

And when I said Rhun/Khand, I really mean mostly Khand and some Rhun Razz So painting all those (individual of sorts) banners will be fun Rolling Eyes
Dînadan
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:48 am by Dînadan
You could always use the alternative Khandish minis in my article, and then you wouldn't have to paint all those banners, plus you'd save a shed load of money Razz
LordFenrir
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:53 am by LordFenrir
But no offense, but I don't really like those guys...I much prefer the Last Samurai type guys (plus that movie is insperation for my army in the first place). Wink
Dînadan
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 am by Dînadan
Razz Doesn't Last Samurai also have black powder weapons? Don't remember those in LotR Razz Why don't ya throw in Zombie Nazis while you're at it? Razz

Just kidding Wink You're free to use whatever version of Khand you want - the only guy who can say you're wrong or right is long dead Wink
Red Corsairs
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 am by Red Corsairs
Black Powder Weapons? Aren't they simialure to Dalamyrs Bombs? Razz
LordFenrir
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 am by LordFenrir
Well, to be honest, yes, gunpowder existed in Last Samurai, but they were used by the Imperial Army of Japan, not Katsumoto's samurai (they used longbows).

BTW...it exists in LotR too...just follow the road from Minas Tirith to the Gap of Rohan and take a right...it'll lead you right to Isengard. There's a bearded chap who'll tell you all about it if he's still there Razz
Dînadan
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:16 pm by Dînadan
I'd rather ask that other bearded chap who decided to change his wardrobe in the middle of a war and afterward went on a little sailing trip Razz
jaws900
Post Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:00 pm by jaws900
*Thinks of witty comment...............fails*

Even i would paint that much Fen and i'm probbaly the lazest(And worst) painter here. I'm looking forward to the comp next year tho as i'll probbaly be painting the lest modals (about 1000pts is cavalry Shocked )

Good luck with your painting and you'll need it with all those Khand banners.
LordFenrir
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 am by LordFenrir
Well, I'm sorta frightened, considering as how much I've been putting into the Archer of Minas Tirith for the Deathmatch competition...I'm sure I'd be putting a similar quality of paint onto the whole army as that guy, so that's about 30+ high quality guys plus their movement trays in two months, plus all the Khand guys for here.

So there's 100 points for the SBG to paint on this site and 3 Companies of assorted Gondor for O-R a month, with a full time job, other gaming obligations, and the continual work on Shadow of the Dog Lord which is most imperative.

I gots a lot of work cut out for me Wink
Red Corsairs
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:39 am by Red Corsairs
Your more than welcome to opt out on this one and be more involved in managing it if you want?

We'll be running another one in 2011 I hope Smile
jaws900
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:18 pm by jaws900
i hope so too as it willl give me more excuses to get a Far Harad Army. Razz
LordFenrir
Post Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 pm by LordFenrir
NO! I'm gonna man it up and do it, since I painted a whole of nothing this year Razz
jaws900
Post Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:30 am by jaws900
i'll prepare for the likely issanity. Razz

2010 Painting Schedule-2 Armies :o

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - General - :: Members Blogs-
Jump to: