Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Real Space Marine Rhino

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Real Space Marine Rhino Empty
PostSubject: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 am

I haven't looked too much into it but it seems it was main to promote Dawn of War 2

Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:48 am

Wasn't it made for a GD a year or two back?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 am

could well have been. Like i said i didn't look into it much and was just show it by a friend today. *I'm way to lazy right now*
Now i want to see them build a Landraider or atleast a Razorback......i wonder it it can house 10 soilders inside?
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:25 am

Yes it was made for the 2008 UK GD. It's cool but way out of scale, that could barely fit 2 Space Marines in, let alone 10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:58 pm

thats what i was thinking. It looks awsume however
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Red Corsairs wrote:
Yes it was made for the 2008 UK GD. It's cool but way out of scale, that could barely fit 2 Space Marines in, let alone 10.
To be fair, I doubt that the actual mini is large enough for ten Marines, not to mention crew on top Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 am

too true. but atleast that "Could" fit more than 2 in.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 pm

I remember seeing that quite some time ago, but I hadn't seen it in action, so thanks for the clip. It works pretty well Smile
Though before you all complain about the scale, you don't even know how much room is in the interior or how the Space Marines would scale in comparison, plus the extra space that would be freed with futuristic engines etc. But I think it's GW's scale that throws it out. To realistically fit the proper passengers in, the Rhino itself would have to be monstrous if you kept the proportions the same.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 10:35 pm

You mention 'futuristic engines' reducing space, but without knowing what those engines are like, you can't make that claim for definate - for all we know they take up more room (especially with the space for a tech priest/tech marine to stand around chanting and throwing blessed oil Razz )

As for space marine size, they're supposed to be fairly big - anywhere between 7 and 9 feet tends to be the common guess, and that's without armour. They're almost cirtainly broader accross the shoulders than any bodybuilder alive today, and those shoulder pads must make them even broader.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:13 am

i think they are atleast 6" other wise they would be "too short for a space marine" Laughing *i need a life*
they would also be large build and that armour too so i would say the same size as Swarsinager(Arnny, The Terminator) Laughing *Dam these jokes are just too easy*. But i woiuld think they wopuld be the same size as him(Including armour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Space Marine Rhino   Real Space Marine Rhino Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Space Marine Rhino

View previous topic View next topic Back to top