Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

First Game in Ages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord
Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

First Game in Ages Empty
PostFirst Game in Ages

Had my first game in ages of LotR today (well, two games to be precise); was quite fun - lost the first won the second.

The first game was 400pts and saw my Rohirim allying with Saruman to face off against the Balrog. Predictably, the Balrog won, however, I did manage to deplete the Balrog's store of will and got it down to 5 wounds Very Happy

In the second I fielded the same army, plus Hama and faced off against Gandalf and the Grey Company. Cowardly, I deployed in one corner and refused to move, forcing him to come to me. I was a close game, but eventually I was able to wear him down and my oppoant decided to concede when he got down to just Gandalf.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

First Game in Ages :: Comments

Racssirt
Re: First Game in Ages
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:35 am by Racssirt
Sounds like a couple of fun (though very odd!) battles. I might consider getting down to my local GW again at some point and see what's going on, it sucks having nobody to battle Laughing
Red Corsairs
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:43 am by Red Corsairs
Excellent Dinadan, I haven't been leaving much time for LotR recently as I'm getting into Privateer Press and am really getting back into 40k (have painted over a whole squad recently but haven't posted them up here yet).

Well done for getting back into it though!
ArtificialWinter
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:52 pm by ArtificialWinter
Congratulations Very Happy Potential regular opponent?
Dînadan
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:05 pm by Dînadan
@Raccy: It was fun. Even though I lost the first battle, I'm really chuffed with getting the Balrog down to 5 wounds Very Happy

@RC: I demand that you get back into LotR now!!!

Razz

@AW: maybe, will have to see.
Racssirt
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:34 pm by Racssirt
You should be - a very tough opponent to be sure! Rohirrim aren't the strongest, though I guess having Saruman around helped?
Dînadan
Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm by Dînadan
It cirtainly did. I was able to use Saruman's magic to fairly quickly drain the Balrog's Will so was able to Imobilise, Command and Scorcous Blast him a few times. I was also using Hemlingas and a lot of throwing spears which helped.
Racssirt
Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 am by Racssirt
Aye, you could've beaten him if luck had fallen your way. I've seen Gimli swarmed and defeated by 8 or so goblins (oh, the irony Laughing) so anything could happen I suppose. That's one of the good/bad points I always find with tactical dice games, you could be the best strategist in the world and still be beaten by luck... of course, it still helps Razz
Post  by Sponsored content

First Game in Ages

Page 1 of 1