Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

DKoK army list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:59 am

Thinking of doing a DKoK Guard army, so I thought I'd post the list I'm thinking of doing here:

HQ
Commissar-General, Power Weapon, Carapace Armour - 90pts

Elites
Death Korps Grenadier Squad: 5 extra Grenadiers, 2 meltaguns, demo charge - 220pts

Troops
Infantry Platoon 1: Comman Squad with krak grenades, 3xInfantry Squad with flamer and krak grenades - 270pts
Infantry Platoon 2: same as Platoon 1 - 270pts
Death Korps Engineer Squad 1: 5 extra engineers, demo charge, gas grenades - 150pts
Death Korps Engineer Squad 2: as squad 1 - 150pts
Hades Breaching Drill 50pts

Fast Attack
Bane Wolf 1: pintle mounted heavy stubber, dozer blade - 150pts
Bane Wolf 2: as Bane Wolf 1 - 150pts

Heavy support
n/a

TOTAL
1500pts

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

Main Army : Gondor

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Ooh, a DKoK list without any artillery? That's interesting. Quick question, is this using the IA list or IG codex?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:39 pm

i'm assuming that your using the IA books and not the IG codex as i have never heard of a Hades Breaching Drill. Unfortunatly i can't help with the lsit becuase of that and having any Guard without armour is a rare thing now a days (Well heavy armour anyway)
I do wonder about how effective it would be agians't armour as other than Demo Charges and a few sparce meltaguns i can't see much (granted i don't know some fo the rules for them) as my 1500pts Angels Encarime list might walk all over this becuase i use atleast 3 landraiders
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 pm

Most FW stuff can be taken as an addition to standard Imperial Guard armies, though I can't remember if the Hades is one of the things that is DK specific. It allows a nice deep strike entrance and could probably take out one tank or other valuable squad. But Jaws does have a point about your lack of AT.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 pm

@Cal: the IA list - used the PDF on the Forgeworld site to write this list, but I did buy SoV pt1 yesterday Smile

@jaws: The Drill is a special tank that the Krieg have access to; it has special Deep Strike rules which lets it damage enemy units and destroy terrain when it enters play, and allows some other units to DS without scattering after it.

@both: the lack of artillery/low number of tanks is intentional. I'm trying for theme rather than "Bwahaha I stomp you'. The idea is that it's supposed to be a front line trench assult company, hence why the basic infantry squads have flamers and the more elite units have demo charges.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 am

I still think artillery is rather fitting for a trench assault force. Maybe a Master of Ordnance then? Would seem to fit the theme, front line artillery sighter and all. Ah but you don't have a Command Squad... Hmm, scrap that then.

As for Anti-tank, sure the Hades will be brilliant for that, but once its up its rather slow and vulnerable. Adding in a couple of meltabombs would be nice, though finding the points for them would be an issue. Unless you got rid of the Banewolves and went pure infantry (Hades doesn't count given the delayed arrival), spending points elsewhere, maybe on Heavy Weapon Teams... Though the Banewolves are rather fun and charactful...
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:22 am

Well I was thinking of keeping heavy weapons for when I expand the force up to 2000pts. The idea I was thinking of thematically with this set up was that the Grenadeers and Bane Wolves would be leading the charge, followed up by the infantry squads while the Engineers use the Hades to 'flank'.

From a fluff point of view it'd be something like the Bane Wolves come in first, using the meltas to penetrate bunkers and then using their chem guns to clean out the bunkers and trenches, and then the infantry move in and mop up/advance where the tanks can't access. Of course, things wouldn't work out like that in a game, but for me there's fun in fluff and theme and not just in gameplay.

I suppose another thing to think about is what you think a game of 40k represents. Personally, I favour the 1:1 view - that is each mini represents one person - and as such, 1500pts isn't really the full army but a small branch of it (as opposed to the view where a gaming army represents a full army and as such, each mini represents the collective might of several men).
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Hmm, yeah, I've usually use the 1:1 view as a smaller picture of the overall battle. Though if I'm recreating a force, I'll just try and get proportions right and not worry about the right numbers. So I suppose abstract sometimes when planning a list, but always 1:1 on the gaming board.

As for your idea, well I guess the only way to know how it performs is to test it. Though I'm still a strong advocate of Melta Bombs, just for the heavier punch. Maybe trial one squad with Melta Bombs instead of Krak Grenades? (same price)
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:04 pm

As for your idea, well I guess the only way to know how it performs is to test it. Though I'm still a strong advocate of Melta Bombs, just for the heavier punch. Maybe trial one squad with Melta Bombs instead of Krak Grenades? (same price)[/quote]
Good idea. I just checked the rulebook to see what the difference was between them (probably should've done that while writing the list) and from the looks of it, krak grenades only work when assulting a vehicle, so melta bombs do look better. And actually, on the infantry squads, melta bombs are half the price of krak grenades. The only upswing of krak I can see is that everyone gets krak grenades, but only the Watchmaster can take melta bombs, so it's a choice between more chances of doing damage (krak) vs a better chance of damaging (melta). Suspect

Hmm, how about this then:

HQ
Commissar-General, Power Weapon, Carapace Armour and melta bombs - 95pts

Elites
Death Korps Grenadier Squad: 5 extra Grenadiers, 2 meltaguns, demo charge - 220pts

Troops
Infantry Platoon 1: Command Squad with melta bombs and grenade launcher, 3xInfantry Squad with flamer and melta bomb - 260pts
Infantry Platoon 2: same as Platoon 1 - 260pts
Death Korps Engineer Squad 1: 5 extra engineers, demo charge, gas grenades and melta bombs - 155pts
Death Korps Engineer Squad 2: as squad 1 - 155pts
Hades Breaching Drill 50pts

Fast Attack
Bane Wolf 1: pintle mounted heavy stubber, dozer blade - 150pts
Bane Wolf 2: as Bane Wolf 1 - 150pts

Heavy support
n/a

TOTAL
1495pts

Now, what to spend those last 5pts on? Suspect A single vox is pointless, so no point considering one of them. Maybe either krak grenades or a grenade launcher/flamer on one of the Command Squads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DKoK army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: DKoK army list   DKoK army list Empty

Back to top Go down

DKoK army list

View previous topic View next topic Back to top