Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jaws900's Build me an Army list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Jaws900's Build me an Army list Empty
PostSubject: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:00 am

Ok after a long delay i have now got the lsit i'm using. It is baced on the Fields of Celebrant with both Gondor and Rohan forces (Just rohan form Eorls forces would eb boring). Here it is.

Quote :
Eorl the Young - 90pts
Brego(Eomer) - Shiled, Armoured Horse - 90pts
Goryn Hurin(King of Men) - Shield, Heavy armour, Armoured Horse - 85pts
6 Rohan Royal Guard - horses, Throwing Spears - 108pts
1 Rohan Royal Guard - Banner, Horse - 46pts
16 Riders of Rohan - 208pts
8 Riders of Rohan - Throwing spears - 120pts

Cirion(Faramir) - Shield - 80pts
Hallas(Captain) - Shield - 55pts
30 Warriors of Minas Tirith (10 with shield, 10 Shield& Spear, 10 Bow) - 250pts
1 Warrior of Minas Tirith - Banner - 32pts
3 Guard of the Fountian Court - Shields - 33pts

Total - 1202pts

A little Backstory is needed for some of the heros i think.
Eorl is well known but the other Rohan heros i made up after research found that his sons where born after the battle. The first is a loyal friend called Brego who you consider his "Brother form another mother". He is called Brego as i felt that he shoudl die in this battle and as such Eorl would call his first born son by the same name. Goryn is a child prodagy and tho young is very skilled and would later serve the King and his son until his deaht many years later as captian of the guard (Simlar to Eomer while Theoden was alive) He was also the son of the Original Brego. His name is actually mine in Middle earth.
Cirion was the stuward at the time of the battle and did lead his army him self (As far as i can tell) so he had to be here. I decided to give him Farmairs profile to show that he's a more noble man than most but also skilled. Hallas was the Stweard after Cirion and was Ciriorns son but was only 30 at this time and as such i gave him a captain profile to show thta he is still inexprianced in battle compated to his farther.

Ok that the essay so please tell me what you think aobut it. I would hope to convert most of the heros and maybe the banners. I all ready have a Cirion (Using the Old Faramir modal) and i also have eyes on the "Sons of Eorl" for Brego and Goryn.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:03 am

Very nice list, you have a large number of cavalry and a larger store of infantry to support them (and heavily armoured infantry to boot). I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:41 am

my main problem is lack of bows. Ya the Riders have them but i'm sayign they are dropping them for fluff reasons. which leaves me with 10 bows with only a avarge shot value and strength.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 am

That's a pretty nice list and I relly like the theme. Just a few suggestions:

Seeing as the Gondorian contingent is led by the steward himself I'd probably lean toward making it a bit more 'elite' - ie - including more GotFC and CG. Tactically speaking, cavalry already make up a big part of your list, taking more expensive models may leave youu toolow on models. However, as you're already going for a pretty low model list, and given that Gondorian 'elites' aren't all that expensive - going down that route might be the better choice. Unfortunatel, cost will be an issue - and the more of these you include in your list, the more expensive things will get...

I'm assuming that you're using the existing Heroes' profiles to represent your Heroes, while adding some wargear to make them fit better with the list. This is fine - but just so you know, you're Faramir/Cirion is presently in his Ranger form. You've includingheavy armour in his points - but as you're using Faramir's profiles as a basis for Cirions you should probably specify that you're giving him heavy armour.

In the Rohan section you're allowed a maximum of ten bows as it stands so I'd suggest leaving ten RoR with them. You never know when they'll come in handy and it doesn't cost you anything.

Otherwise the list looks pretty solid - 13+ poits of might, several big Heroes and a strong cavalry contingent. Only thing I'd really be worried about would be coming up an S4, heavy infantry based force - and there are lots of those around. In this case you'd probably find yoursef outnumbered, and unable to do considerable damage unless he raelly had no defence aginst your cavalry.

AW

Last edited by ArtificialWinter on Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 4:53 am

well this army is a little more "Themed" and i am in the prosses of creating a scenrio and opponet force to recreate the fields of Celebrant. I didn't want anything too eilte as this reposents that the battle has been goign on for some time when Eorl arrives and that Gondor is weaking(Aragorn wouldn't lead half an army of Citadel guard). I guess only to Rohan riders who actually have bows will count as carryign them but i'll have to see later on how many there actually are.
Cirion has got Heavy armour i jsut forgot to lsit that. sorry. I'll adjust that now.

The fields of Celebrant was agaisnt a tribe of Easterlings as well as orcs that joined the battle so this army will msotly be up agaisnt Easterlings(No Khamal as Sauron's power was next to none at this point), Khand(As Chariots are mentioned in the battle) and Orcs with maybe some Misty Mountians to show that it's a wild Tribe and has no alligance to anyone at the moment (Something like a group of orcs and a cave troll/Wild wargs etc). I took alone time makign this list as i wanted to make it as historical as possible (This can be seen as the original list had both Eorls Sons unitl i found out that Brego his first son was born about 5-10 years after this battle). The original force also contained Clansmen of Lamedon with Angbor taking the roll of a named hero. This could still be done i think to show how Brave tho young the prince is(Hallas). What do you think?

P.S. Once we have a really good list i will finalise this list.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:01 am

jaws900 wrote:
my main problem is lack of bows. Ya the Riders have them but i'm sayign they are dropping them for fluff reasons. which leaves me with 10 bows with only a avarge shot value and strength.

10 bows is still enough for a Volley Fire, so start shooting off those from the first turn onwards (keeping your archers in the back) until the enemy gets within range of normal bowfire.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:03 am

That it is Fen. I mainly wanted a nice round number for them too so 10 of every type really helps. (I can eaily find 10 of each that need re-painting)
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:16 am

jaws900 wrote:
well this army is a little more "Themed" and i am in the prosses of creating a scenrio and opponet force to recreate the fields of Celebrant. I didn't want anything too eilte as this reposents that the battle has been goign on for some time when Eorl arrives and that Gondor is weaking(Aragorn wouldn't lead half an army of Citadel guard).
True, and I appreciate the fact that the list is more for theme than anything else but thinking about it - the soldiers most likely to survive to this stage of the battle (which as you say has been going on for some time , and not in Gondor's favour) would be the better trained, better equipped ones. As the Gondr contingent is led by Cirion it makes sense that a large portion of his troops are his own bodyguard troops. Even if you keep most of the WoMT I think some more GotFC or CG would not only benefit tactically but would also fit better with your thee. Just my opinion though and I appreciate the fact that you may not dish out on more blisters than you have to.

AW
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:44 am

money is rather tight and the 3 Fountian guard with shields where a pain to convert (I had to butcher 3 warriors just to get the shields for them). I might put in 6 Citadel Guard but the question is shoudl i? After all i just finished paiting them and i will never need more than 6 (I don't really care abotu WOTR wise so 6 is plenty) However some Long Bows maybe good as they count as elven bows giving me much more "Umhp!" with bows.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 am

Hmm...longbows would be a good idea if you can get some in there. I'd suggest perhaps trying to put a few more WoMT in there to secure your volleying ability.

On the case of shields for GotFC my plan is to get a box of Knights - steal their shields and use everything else for repairs (lances), replacements (horses) and conversions (Heroes). Obviously this agian raises the problem of cost but it might be worth if you need the other pats too (I know I do Razz)
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:54 am

ya. and buying a £15-25 box jsut for parts is a little wastful. Also i have way too many Gondor knights all ready (A total of 22 and 4 of them don't have shields)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaws900's Build me an Army list   Jaws900's Build me an Army list Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaws900's Build me an Army list

View previous topic View next topic Back to top