Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pokemon Black/White

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

Pokemon Black/White Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:50 am

Are there any other trainers out there?

My siblings and I bought back into the franchise over Christmas with HG/SS and the Poke-hype hadn't quite died down by the time B/W were released so we've picked these up too. My thoughts on it have changed a little since first playing it but I'd like to hear what other's opinions are on this, whether or not you've bought it.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 pm

It isn't bad. I do like the fact that the story actualy matters this time all the way thoguh rather than it's jsut something that happenes during the quest. *where the hell did they hide that castle anyway?*
Any i jsut finsihed and i't takign me ages to train them up which is a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Having grown up with Pokemon, it's practically engrained within my very soul... that said, I enjoy it Razz

I bought SoulSilver for a little retro throwback (having owned the original Silver on Gameboy Colour) but I missed out on Diamond/Pearl, so I feel like I need to do a bit of catching up before I get Black/White. Inevitably, I will probably end up buying them when I have money and time, because at heart I'm still 8 years old... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:16 am

I missed out D/P as well but B/W do so much to shake up the tried and tested Pokémon formula that I don't think you'll even notice skipping a title. For one, the Pokédex slate is effectively wiped clean - you only encounter the 150-odd 5th gen pokes until you complete the game (I believe...). At first, I almost felt too much had changed but as I adjust and started to get stuck in I really began to appreciate the revamp they'd given the series. There are a few things I would have liked to have seen carried over that haven't been but overall, IMO this is one of the best in the series.
Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 am

Sounds great AW - I'll probably pick up a cheap copy of D/P for completion's sake, but B/W are definitely sounding tempting. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 pm

well the story actually matters and without giveing away spoilers the legendary actualy matters and you get it right at the end.
I did feel underwelmed this time as training up my pokemon took way to long even with 2 exp shares and 2 lucky eggs it took ages. also unlike the other games the difficult curve doesn't drop after you beat the elite 4. I think i beat the eilte 4 with lv 52 pokemon (when they went in anyway) and then the first trainer battle i got in was using lv 66 pokemon!!!!!! Just lucky it was agianst a psychic user and i have 3 bug types in my team.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 am

The increased emphasis on a coherent story is certainly nice and characters like your friends and the gym leaders actually play a significant role this time round.

I believe they've changed the way experience is dished out so that the lower a Pokémon’s level is in comparison the more exp. it will get. This makes 'power training' more difficult as the higher your Poke's level gets the less exp. it will be receiving. On the flip side though, it does make training up lower level Poke's a lot easier - meaning changing up your team in the later stages of the game is actually feasible.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 pm

that is true but i'm stuggling to raise up my higher level pokemon after the elite 4.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:44 am

Played back for the first time the other day and I can't get used to the new layout. I guess I'm just too used to the birds eye of view from the others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 pm

it does take time i will admit. I mean i now have got around to training up competative pokemon for battle subways and online games.....it will take me ageser as currently i only have 2 (+1 tempory) and only one have gone bast the 50 mark after 2-3 week training and i'm fast running our of both money and traniers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black/White

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Might of Middle Earth :: - Other Games - :: Video Games-
Jump to: