Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

Main Army : Gondor

The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 am

Oh No...

Jedward...as Filli and Kili...I think I'm going to cry...or throw up...or both...
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:52 am

Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:19 am

Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:09 am

Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

Pardon my language, but fuck 3-D!

Seriously, I know it's the big fad and all, but it's stupid! You pay extra for a ticket to get those stupid glasses and all he 3-D effect is is the normal movie with a few cheap gimmicks (anyone see the latest Alice in Wonderland? Good-ish movie, but absolutely FILLED with stuff that looked totally unnecessary when I saw i in 2-D). The picture quality is also worse...it's about 50% darker than a regular 2-D movie Neutral

Come on GDT, don't fall onto the bandwagon, The Hobbit will seriously be better if you spent all the money required to make the few gimmicks in 3-D on props, costuming, etc to make it like LotR.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:53 pm

at last someone who agrees with me. I hate 3-D. If i want to see it in 3d i'll bring my own glasses. I don't want to pay an extra £3 or so, so i can get eye strain.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:48 pm

I'd honestly just rather see it in 2-D. Seriously, do you need 3-D glasses to be able to tell that Mount Doom (or, in this case, the Lonely Mountain) is still a long way away, or to be able to tell that the larger rider is in the foreground? NO!

GDT stated once that he'll only make the Hobbit in 3-D if they convert the LotR trilogy into it. Why? It costs millions of dollars to convert something NOT INTENDED for 3-D Doh

Plus if we do that, we may be able to perceive in many shots that Gandalf is actually several feet closer to us rather than the illusion that he's sitting right next to Frodo. Come on New Line, use some goddamn sense!
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptySat May 08, 2010 12:41 am

LordFenrir wrote:

GDT stated once that he'll only make the Hobbit in 3-D if they convert the LotR trilogy into it. Why? It costs millions of dollars to convert something NOT INTENDED for 3-D Doh
Maybe that's the point - he doesn't want to do it in 3D, so he's effectively saying " I'll make it 3D when hell freezes over "
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:14 am

I'm in full agreement with you guys. 3D is ultimately an unecessary gimick which would absorb a lot of money better spent on the movie itself.

I've seen a few movies in 3D and to be honest:
- it adds practically nothing (if anything) to the experience
- once you adjust a little, you forget its even in 3D
- at times when you notice it is in 3D, you realise how stupid permanently out of focus backgrounds look in 3D.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:27 pm

GDT has officially left The Hobbit:

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/30/36920-guillermo-del-toro-departs-the-hobbit/

Due to MGM's continuing financial woes, no green-light as of yet, etc etc etc.

Personally, I'm really angry about this. Not at GDT, no, I completely understand why he left: he's a creative man, but hasn't been able to express his creativity behind the camera in over three years. I honestly don't see why MGM doesn't go to other studios/loan business and say "Hey, we need money to film this groovy adaptation of The Hobbit." I guarantee that any money borrowed will be made back and them some opening day (before it reaches the US no less).

GDT is quite possibly one of the few directors I would trust to direct The Hobbit since PJ doesn't want to do it...it's a shame that such a talent is gone.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:05 am

That sucks Sad I suppose on the bright side, maybe with a delay in TH being made, GW will go bust and someone who actually gives a damn about their customers will pick up the liscence Razz
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Saw on Mugglenet today that Harry Potter director David Yates is a strong contender to succeed GDT...I would not be against this; the last two movies were great, and Deathly Hallows looks phenomenal.

Other contenders for the spot are Sam Raimi (the genius beind the Spiderman and Evil Dead series), Neil Bomkamp (the master behind District 9), Alfonso Cuaron (the third Harry Potter film and Children of Men, both excellent films), and Andrew Adamson (the director of the first two Narnia films, who already has extensive experience with WETA).

Some people say James Cameron should do it, I say NO! While Avatar was a decent film, I want sets, live action performances, no 3-D, and, most importantly, Howard Shore (since James Horner has scored every James Cameron film to date, and always uses the same themes in his scores Mad ).
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 pm

LordFenrir wrote:
Some people say James Cameron should do it, I say NO! While Avatar was a decent film, I want sets, live action performances, no 3-D, and, most importantly, Howard Shore (since James Horner has scored every James Cameron film to date, and always uses the same themes in his scores Mad ).
Could be worse - at least he's not George Lucas Razz (unless I'm mistaken, the whole reason Lucas made Willow was because he couldn't get the rights to TH like he wanted Surprised )
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Bring on Neil Blomkamp!!! District 9 is possibly my favourite film at the moment and I would welcome him to step up from GDT anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Red Corsairs wrote:
Bring on Neil Blomkamp!!! District 9 is possibly my favourite film at the moment and I would welcome him to step up from GDT anyday.

Agreed! District 9 is one of my faves as well...just imagine what he could do armed with the full WETA arsenal and $150 million? Bow
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Precisely! Very Happy

Also have you heard about the next District 9 Universe film? They are going to do a sequel (District 10 presumeably) but the next film will be a prequel of when the Aliens came. Should be interesting. Don't think they've even started filming yet though Sad
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 3:48 am

Peter Jackson is also more than welcome in my views to film it!

Though I still think Neil Blomkamp with Peter Jackson as the producer would work out perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:20 am

Better than nothing I guess, maybe one day we'll get our film Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 pm

At this rate, airborne swine will be getting frostbite in the Underworld first Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Racssirt
Resident Tech Whizz
Resident Tech Whizz

Racssirt

Main Army : Isengard Uruk-Hai

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Article Writer Token of Appreciation - For your Technical Work

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 am

It was only a matter of time before PJ came to the helm, and I'm sure glad he did. Let's face it, LotR is like his child so he couldn't abandon its older brother! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alt-f4.proboards.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!   The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit Movie - Voted Best Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top