Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list Empty
PostSubject: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 am

So, here is my list so far of what I intend on painting for the Tale of 9 War of the Ring Gamers 2010 over on One-Ring. This only covers January-June.

NOTES: This army list is 100% game legal at all times, though it has no set points cost...it needs to be at least 2000 points, but that's easy to do with all the Heroes...basically I'll create the list, paint the army, and then calculate points when it's all done and add/subtract from there.

Here we go: my painting schedule:

January/February:

* Aragorn, Isildur's Heir (foot and mounted of course)
* Warriors of Minas Tirith formation:
-4 Companies
-Captain of Minas Tirith
-Banner Bearer
-Hornblower
* Knights of Minas Tirith formation:
-3 Companies
-Shields
* Avenger Bolt Thrower

March:

* Rangers of Gondor formation:
-3 Companies
-Captain of Rangers

April:

* Avenger Bolt Thrower
* Battlecry Trebuchet:
-2 Companies

May:

* Archers of Minas Tirith formation:
-3 Companies
-Captain of Minas Tirith
-Banner Bearer
-Hornblower

June:

* Gandalf the White (allied)
* Gimli, Son of Gloin (allied)
* Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood (allied)

I'll have the second half of the list sometime in the future...this is a Battle of the Black Gate themed army btw, so there'll probably be some Rohan in the mix too to help break up the monotony of painting all that silver Razz

Cheers,
LordFenrir
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 4:29 am

not bad. But how will you get it legal with all thoses allys? Legolas, Gandalf, Gimli, Elronds Sons and not forgeting Rohan.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:33 am

Remember jaws: the Decree of Allies states that you may pick allies from any list, so long as you don't exceed 25% of the army's total cost. Since I keep adding large-ish formations with full command companies, the points total keeps growing exponentially.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 am

I may have miscalculated, but you need more Gondor stuff to make that legal. That list comes to 1795 by my reckoning. By that, only 448.75pts should be allies, but you have 675pts of allies. To include Gandalf, Legolas and Gimli, you need at least 2025 pts from the Gondor list (to make a 2700pts army combined). Oh course, this is assuming you'll be using everything in one army rather than having it as a pool of resources to make different lists from Wink
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 1:53 am

Hmm bugger...well, I suppose I'll drop one of the Heroes, and add a company of Citadel Guards or something and add the Hero later Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 8:03 pm

thats what i was thinking. When you consider all the other heros who would be there liike Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Elrond's Twins ans all of Rohan then you would need a prity dam big gondor army of atleast 3000pts!

The more sensable thing would be try and convice sometone to help you and have a double's b attle with you running Gondor and him/her running Rohan. That way you can get all the heros and share the ally cost.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Considering as the army is almost at 2000 points right now, it won't be hard. Anyways...the minimum is 3 companies a month, so I could always just add more Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 am

is that counting epic's?
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:15 pm

tehn your going to have fun during thoes months. I'm struggling to paint my Eldar for the half Term (Got the week of work too) Smirk . There is a massive WOTR game where they promice 8 mumkas!!!!!! You've also got a 750pts 40K torny and a Space wolf battle along with building Helm Deep(Maybe gettign ready for the Rohan/Isengard release next YAY )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list   Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list Empty

Back to top Go down

Tale of 9 WotR Gamers 2010-January-June army list

View previous topic View next topic Back to top