Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lord of the Rings Conquest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Gree
Farmer
Farmer

Commander Gree

Main Army : Gondor

Lord of the Rings Conquest Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 am

Hey Guys,
Does anyone have LOTR Conquest?
I just bought it a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it. There are a few down sides but it's still really good!

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 5:14 pm

i love it and is in my top 5 xbox games.

The main problem for me is that i don't play online(Nor can on xbox) so some of the replay is lost and it is way too short taking me 4 hours to 100% complete the game.
But it really is good. However i will say that Starwars Battle frount is better. But only just.
Back to top Go down
Alfirin
Farmer
Farmer

Alfirin

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:24 pm

I disagree. Bought it having heard nothing about it and played it for a day or two before getting rid of it. Picking that one up was a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.planetfenris.blogspot.com/
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:19 am

The concept was alright, but the execution I thought was terrible. It felt like a generic fantasy game with Lord of the Rings tacked on at the last minute (flaming swords, poison arrows, glowing bubble shields, etc). The voice actors (aside from Hugo Weaving's narration) were awful, half of them sounded nothing like the original characters.

It was OK, but it could've been a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:54 am

Recently picked this up for the DS - must say that it's an ok fantasy game, but so much a good LotR game (e.g. in the second level of the campaign I held off the Balrog with an Elven mage Shocked )
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 am

Dînadan wrote:
in the second level of the campaign I held off the Balrog with an Elven mage Shocked

I did better. I killed the Balrog as a Warrior by hacking at his shins. Now that is a way to get your self killed quickly but some how i doged every oen of his "one hit kill" attacks.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 am

I was a Warrior, took two hits from the Balrog, and respawned at the next command point (the one just before the stairs) as a Mage and kept zapping the Balrog with lightning as he just stood there doing nothing O.o
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:33 am

well he is a panzy. Treebeard killed me while i was plaing as him. I also had Legolas, Elrond, Gandalf and a normal elf! kill me as Sauron!!!!
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 am

I'm a big fan of Battlefront so when I heard about this I was really excited - I never got round to buying it but from what I've seen and heard it doesn't look great. It may stand up as a decent 'fantasy' game but as many people have pointed out it doesn't really cut it for a LOTR one.

One of the aspects I was most excited about was the muliplayer, online expecially, and to be honest it looks broken. Obviously I'm no expert but isn't playing as any character wh actually fights with a sword suicide? I was hoping for epic hand-to-hand clashes, using skill and technique to overcome each opponent, claiming and holding key points of the battlefield - of course other classes should have their place and certain advantages in situations but it looks to me as though the best way to fight is to simply sit back and shoot...
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 am

That's true - I've found that the best class tends to be the Mage.

One annoying thing is that sometime enemies seam to spawn out of nowhere, in the middle of the battlefield far away from their side's command posts. Or, you're capturing an enemy command post, have depleted their control and have half converted it to your side when a horde of enemies spawns around it and you're no longer able to build up control (you have to kill them all first before you can start capturing it again) - made even more annoying by the fact that you can't respawn via a command post that's under attack.

One thing I will say though, is that the DS version does show off the graphics ability of the DS - shame that it's only good in the film clips they show and not 'in game' Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

Warrior - Ok but dies in seconds
Scout - Rubbish but does instant kill with a special attack(Even heros)
Archer - HEADSHOT!!!, you just camp and kill.....until a axe hits you in the face
Mage - Broken beyond belive, Fantastic in combat(Thanks to a 360 attack), fantastic at range and can almost never be hit at range. His only down side is that he's easy to spot on the field.
Trolls/Ents - Great in sigle player but rubbish in multi player
Wargs/Horses - Ok as long as some don't hit you of the thing becuase then your dead
Heros - Only a few stand out so i'll talk about the ones that do.

Saruman - His flame attack just explodes and does more damage instead of creating a ring of fire.
Sauron - The the dark lord....duh.
Mouth of Sauron - Has a combo attack instead of a 360 attack....which makes him better agaisnt heros but rubbish agaisnt everythign else.
Gimli - He has bombs instead of axes......which i don't like.
Aragorn/Witchking - they are broken becuase of a 90 degree attack the will stike everyone down and almost always kill...tho they are vunrable fopr a while while doing it.
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:12 am

The DS version only has four 'classes' - Warrior (which is naff), Archer (Good long range attack and spread arrows do lots of damage, but suffers when a group of warriors gangs up on him), mage (the best of the three basic classes with good attacks at range and close combat plus the ability to heal himself and allies) and trolls/ents (which are ludicously good with the ability to potentially one-hit-kill groups of enemies). The only decent Warrior type are heroes.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:10 am

but even then people like Gandals, Sauron etc are even better and also Sauron and the Balrog are fantastically powerful. Sauron is also in his own class really tho works like a Warrior i suppose
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

Only ever used Sauron once, and somehow he managed to kill himself O.o
Back to top Go down
ArtificialWinter
Maiar
Maiar

ArtificialWinter

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:38 am

Maybe he accidently cut his own finger off?
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 pm

ArtificialWinter wrote:
Maybe he accidently cut his own finger off?

LOL If you had inserted his name in there that could have been the gbreatest out of context lines ever on this fourm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Conquest   Lord of the Rings Conquest Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Conquest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top