Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

Main Army : Elves

'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) Empty
PostSubject: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Ok. This is a list that I created a while back. It represents Haldir's scouting forces on the northern border. The story goes:

Haldir moved rapidly over the soft leaves of the forest floor. He searched desperately for where the sound could have come from. As the neared the edge of the wood he felt a slight quiver underfoot. This shake was no stranger to Haldir, he had fought in countless skirmishes and won decidedly. This rumble was different however. It was louder, deeper... As Haldir's eyes swept the great plain, the horizon became a thick, dark line. It was then that the horn was heard a second time, the line lurched forward.

Haldir took a nervous step back. He then shouted to his series of ranked soldiers, "back to the forest"! The command was short, but none stood around. Golden clad elves ran back readying themselves for what surely lay ahead and fine elven cavalry galloped at full tilt. Then Haldir stopped. He turned and looked back at the edge of the wood. He then shouted a second command "stop". Everyone turned almost immediately and Haldir issued the third and final command "stand fast".

Swords were unsheathed and bows were drawn in anticipation. A messenger had been sen back, but the battle could well be over by the time reinforcements had arrived. The magnnitude of the shaking increased as the fould creatures of all shape and form surged forward. Suddenly a different thundering sound came from the left and Haldir immediately feared the worst, but his worries were cast away as he saw great green cloaks and dark stallions. A royal patrol from a southern village had rode north in search of allies to defend their realm from a dunlending host. They quickly joined the ranks of the elven calvalry, and they too prepared for what had to be done. The golden forest shall not fall!

So, quite a long intro but here's the list anyway:

75 - Haldir, Guardian of Lorien
235 - 4x Galadhrim Regiment w/ Shields + Banner Bearer
285 - 4x Galadhrim Knights Regiment w/ Shields + Knight Captain, Banner Bearer
150 - 2x Galadhrim Knights Regiment w/ Longbows + Knight Captain
100 - 2x Galadhrim Archer Regiment
155 - 3x Royal Knights + Knight Captain of Rohan

Companies: 15
Might: 9
Banners: 2
Heroes: 4 (1x Epic Hero)
Bow Formations: 4
Warriors: 66
Total Resilience of Warriors: 84
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm

Nothing??? From anyone??? 23 Views and no replies whatsoever??? I'm slightly hurt. confused

I realise that it is a WotR list, but commawn. It's not that bad and I know you're not all THAT anti-WotR...
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 6:59 pm

unfortuantly i haven't played WOTR in so long and it's by far my least fave system that i play (the others being SBG and 40K). And even then my skill with LOTR are with Gondor and Misty Mountains as they are the armys i play and maybe Rohan and Mordor which i sometimes play (some times being once each)

I will sya that i feel Galadrim Knights should ALWAYS have shields as they are too expensive to lose to cheap shots. Also the Royal knights don't seem to keep the flush compared to the rest.

Maybe dropping the Royal knights and Haldir and taking Celeborn or Galadriel(Celeborn kicks ass and takes names any tim e in any game) and take Haldir's leg formation. Also you could wait a little for Battlehosts as i saw it the other day and there is a large battle host for Lothlorien in there....along with half a tone for Gondor(seriously Gondor have about 1/4th of the book)
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 6:35 pm

Ok. Thank you for your helpful suggestions Jaws. I like to have Galadrim Knights with shields for two reasons:

1) They are capable of putting out a surprising amount of bow fire. Even after moving 12 inches and it still leaves them able to charge.

2) Purely the fact that a box set of Galadrim Knights comes with 3x Shields, 2x Bows and a benner bearer. This means that my formations look more structured rather than a rabble of Knights armend with anything.

Celeborn is a great leader, I agree. But what about Galadriel. Her Magical Powers can really tip the balance, whilst her Touched by Destiny ensures that I'll have enough might to go around. Sure she's frail, but she is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:12 am

well it's all down to you really. I personaly think that Haldir's formation is better that his heroic form but Celeborn and Galadriel are soo good i can't chose my self eaither...but it often comes down to Celeborn becuase i just love the modal sooo much.....mind you i love all the Galadrim that i have Razz
Tho saying that i use Misty Mountina alot becuase i love my Dragon and Gondor as i have a very powerful Cavalry force.
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

Hmm. Galadrim are a great WotR army. I don't think that they are quite as good in LotR SBG though. . . This is mainly because of their defense. Its not D6 so they aren't as sturdy as High Elves, yet not a numerous as Wood Elves. A balance though I guess..

I was thinking about making an entirely Rangers of Gondor army with Faramir and The Rangers of Ithilien and like 15-18 companies of rangers with around 5-6 captains... Interesting thought. - 80 or so direct fire bow shots per turn. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 pm

back before the plastic modals came out i used a 700pts army which used the Armoured Galadrim as the main soilder with about 13 of them and some normal Wood Elves for support and ofcourse Celeborn and an Ent when i could squese it in.
It was expensive to get going(that was 5 metal blisters!!!!) but it was quite good.
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Wow! Sounds like ALOT of money! I rarely spend money models unless I'm atleast 98% sure that they are the right ones for me.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

i try too but this was about the time plastic Easterligns came out so it was about 6+ months before we even got a look at the new Plastic Galadrim
Back to top Go down
ElfLord38
Warrior
Warrior

ElfLord38

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptySun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm

Yeah. I still think that Galadhrim are better in WotR than they are in SBG. They are just more reliable.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:55 pm

well being faster and having a ton more special rules that and having power house heros helps alot.
I do envy you as i only have a enought for about 3 units of ~Galadrim so not enought for a Galadrim army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)   'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR) Empty

Back to top Go down

'The Borders of Lorien' 1000pts The Elven Kingdoms (WotR)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top