Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1500 Points Gondor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Main Army : Gondor

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 am

This is not really a help me thread but more of a 'This is what I'm doing' thread for next years Army Painting Challenge.

Me and Fenrir had a chat last night and came to an agreement on a target amount of 1500 points for the year leaving you no monthly target as such and leaving it down to you to split the workload between months yourself. So if you wanted you could do nothing one month and do double the amount the next month etc.

So this afternoon, being ready and waiting for this to start I wrote up a 1500 points Gondor force that I will be painting up during the yearlong challenge:

Boromir Captain of the White Tower w/shield
Faramir w/bow
Damrod
Captain of Dol Amroth
2 x Captain of Minas Tirith w/shield
Captain of Minas Tirith w/horse and shield
8 x Rangers of Gondor
1 SKoDA w/banner foot
14 x SKoDA foot
Knight of Minas Tirith w/banner
10 x Knights of Minas Tirith
2 x Warriors of Minas Tirith w/banners
21 x WoMT w/shields
21 x WoMT w/spear and shields
20 x WoMT w/bow

That's 1496 points, 105 models, 30 shots per turn max.

Like I said it's not an army I'd plan on gaming with, I just chose it as it allows me to be able to have the opportunity of fielding a bit if everything after the challenge is completed.

With 105 models, if split evenly between months that it 8 models a month for 3 months and for the other 9 months, 9 models painted per month. I'd probably use the 3 smaller months for May, June and July when I'm busiest with exams, work and birthdays.

So it sounds doable for me and I've already worked on a test scheme on a Captain spare which at the moment I'm really proud of.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mightofmiddleearth.com
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Looks great, but you're not having any mounted Knights of Dol Amroth? They hold up a little btter than the Knight of Minas Tirith, even if they're a little expensive points wise.
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Best Staff Member MoMe Award Winner - Best Painter/Converter

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 pm

I may be able to get away with putting £7 aside each week for a SKoDA mounted but the problem is this army is pretty much all new and I have a hell of a lot of metal models for me at least and the cash isn't as disposable to me. I'll try and figure things out financially and see what I can conjure Smile
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Turns out I can buy more than expected before the challenge not including xmas (won't be getting much cash this year due to all my new skiing stuff and xbox live).

So I can buy 12 mounted SKoDA, another Banner Bearer blister and Captain blister (Because I don't have the mounted versions yet) and 12 foot SKoDA (just to make it easy to replace them should they fall off in SBG (though I won't have these 12 adding to the painting).

So baring these lot in mind I'll write up a few more lists and see what I prefer.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 pm

i like. No mounted heros????
That confuses me. Tho i guess most of my armys have eaither a monster or a mount of some discription in as i love them all.
Back to top Go down
Cal585
Maiar
Maiar

Cal585

MoMe Award Winner - Best Tactician Single Miniature Painting Competition 2010 Winner

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Looks like a nice list. Thought about giving Boromir the banner? It's one of those items that's so expensive it's rarely seen, yet can vastly improve an army if used correctly. That and the old model of it has a poor banner (thickness). Always wanted to see a good conversion.
Other than that, it looks good, though disappointed to see no MAA of DA, they're really nice sculpts (or any axemen or clansmen for that matter).

Is the challenge going to be 1500 points or a total of our choice?
Back to top Go down
Dînadan
MoMe Underlord
MoMe Underlord

Dînadan

Main Army : Alkalabeth

Article Writer MoMe Award Winner - Highest Quality Poster

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm guess that you don't have to stick to LoMe for this (model limit for 1500pts is 100 and you have 105)?
Back to top Go down
Corintur
Farmer
Farmer

Corintur

Main Army : Elves

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:32 pm

So is this a painting challenge we can all join? I've got a ton of Elves on the shelves giving me their evil, unpainted, eye.
Back to top Go down
LordFenrir
The Dog Lord
The Dog Lord

LordFenrir

Main Army : Khand

MoMe Award Winner - Best Signature/Avatar One That Sees From Afar

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:05 am

Corintur wrote:
So is this a painting challenge we can all join? I've got a ton of Elves on the shelves giving me their evil, unpainted, eye.

Most certainly, though they must wait til January to get painted. We'll be posting the rules for the competition sometime in the next month or so I think Smile

Cheers,
LordFenrir
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:36 am

I don't like the banner version of Boromir either.

I love the clansmen, axemen and Men at arms sculpts but like with Skodas, money is an issue though I might be able to leave them untill later in the year and get them before although as this isn't a competitive list I may not bother.
wasn't planning on sticking to LoME rules as it'd be more fun for us not too, that and I dont play to them unless in a tournament.

The target points for everyone in the challenge will be 1500 however as it's only a target you're quite welcome to go over.
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 am

1500!!!
I thought it was 1000pts. Dan i'm goignt o have to re think my list now. And it doen't help that i can spend almost any money for the next month as i have sent close to £225 on a new 40k army of 1000pts (That includes Codex and main rulebook)
Back to top Go down
Red Corsairs
MoMe Overlord
MoMe Overlord

Red Corsairs

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:24 am

Well nothings to stop you from waiting untill halfway through the challenge to buy the rest if your stuff.

Sorry if you thought it was 1000 points but we didn't actually say anything about points Razz
Back to top Go down
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:31 am

Dan it. Oh well. Stuff happens. I have to think what i can get with 500pts that can fit in the theme of the Army (Battle of the Fields of Celbrent)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500 Points Gondor Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500 Points Gondor   1500 Points Gondor Empty

Back to top Go down

1500 Points Gondor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top