Might of Middle Earth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Home  Articles  Gallery  Latest images  Search  Register  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pre Build me an army preporations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaws900
Conqueror
Conqueror

jaws900

MoMe Award Winner - Funniest Poster

Pre Build me an army preporations Empty
PostSubject: Pre Build me an army preporations   Pre Build me an army preporations EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm

I had decidined that this year i would make an effort to theme the army that I was going to paint rather than just painting modals that i hadn't painted yet. So i decided to consult the Books and looked into the Fields of Celebrant and the creation of Rohan. Now i have taken a massive task doing this as i have said that i will paint from scratch an entir rohan/gondor army themed on the battle which i have jsut found out will cost me about £150 to get everything I need and thats not counting the 2 half of what i'm doing by building up a Evil army to fight them and following the book as closly as possible.
So far i have finalalised the Good army and i'm waiting for the War Prist/Dragon Knight rules in next months WD to decide the evil force. However he is what i have got who WILL be in the battle.

Eorl the Young - He was the leader of the "Éothéod" and came to the aid of Cirion at the battle and will be the forces main leader.
Brego - The Second king of Rohan and son of Eorl. I am breaking the rules sligithly here as he was born 2 years after the battle. I will be using Eomers profile as he will be a King and rather than a King of men profile.
Baldor - I'm really breaking the rules here as he is Brego's first son. I will be using a King of men Profile as i could have become a king but it never came to pass. It also shows his "Folloish courge" that got him killed but having more might at this point.
(Both Brego and Baldour will actually be reposented on the field as "Sons of Eorl" as i find them very good modlas to reposent kings of men and for Brego it's very irronic)
Cirion - The steward at the time. I will be using Faramir's Profile to show that he was an exeptional leader and remmebred as one of the great leaders of gondor.
Hallas - The Son of Cirion and this time he was actually alive at this point(He was 30). I am using a Captains profile here as i feel that unlike the Éothéod he was born in luxuary and thus has not had the same sort of training that the Éothéod have had.
Herion - He is a loyal servent of Cirion and master of the kings guard(Much like Gamlig) and is named after the 3rd steward of Gondor. This charautre is made up completly but i didn't want any good hero not to have a name so i gave him one. He will be using Angbor's profile and modal to show that he is brave beond most men.

The evil forces where mainly a group of easterlings called the "Balchoth". There where also many orcs that joined that battle running down the side of the mountain buring the battle. However i could not find any named mentioned about there leaders not matter how hard i looked so i have decided to create the names but can't really decide on good ones. I only really need 2/3 for the leader of the Balchoth who will use Amudr's profile, The leader of the Orcs who will use Ghrinasks profile and maybe the sendond in command of the Balchoth too. I am open to any easterling/orc like names and maybe even a Troll name as i would not like to include any hero without a name really.

The last thing i need to do is desin a scenario but that will have to wait until i know what each army will have. This battle will be massive even by SBG size as it will be 1500pts each(Maybe a little more for evil) and i intead to do a WOTR varieant later on (Imagine 6 boxes of Riders on rohan in a WOTR game!).
Any help or suggestion will be appriciated and i will keep you posted on this thought the this year and it will start to serface in the new year. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down

Pre Build me an army preporations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top